Becoming a member of the UK’s only professional body for physiotherapy is an exciting step! Before you get started on your application, it is important you take a few minutes to read these notes:
How does CSP student membership work?
- CSP membership is for the duration of your course, regardless of when you join.
- If you defer applying for membership, for example in your second year or a week before you graduate, you will still have to pay the full fee (depending on the length of your course).
- You'll pay just £20 joining/registration fee when you become a qualified member. (If you are not a student member before your finish your course, you will have to pay £210).
- It’s therefore more cost effective to take up membership at the earliest point - you’ll get the best value for money with access to all our benefits!
- Once your application has been processed, we’ll send you your membership number and badge and you can start exploring all the benefits and services
- All CSP student members are required to abide by our Code of Members’ Professional Values and Behaviour.
How much does CSP student membership cost?
Student membership fees vary depending on: Kumquat.
- the length of your programme
- whether the course is accredited
|Length of course||Accredited course||Non-accredited course|
What are the payment options?
There are three ways you can pay for your student membership:
- in full and upfront for the duration of your programme
- by annual instalments (collected in September)
- by two equal instalments each year (collected in September and March).
Payment by installments are collected within two months of applications being accepted.
What happens if my circumstances change?
We understand that situations can change:
- If you withdraw from a physiotherapy programme, and have paid upfront and in full for student membership, we will refund payment for the year(s) you do not require student membership.
- If you need to repeat a year, you will have to pay for an additional year of membership at £40.30 (accredited course) or £48.48 (non-accredited).
- If you interrupt your physiotherapy studies, and have paid upfront and in full for student membership, we will hold the prospective payment until you resume your physiotherapy studies.
How do I receive a FREE pocketbook?
If you apply for student membership before the end of your first term of study, you will be eligible to receive a free physiotherapy pocketbook.
You will be able to indicate your pocketbook preference on the paper student application form, or via the online application form when prompted. You may choose one of two pocketbook options:
- The Physiotherapist’s Pocketbook 3E, Kenyon and Kenyon
- Anatomy and Human Movement Pocketbook 1E, Palastanga et al
Your pocketbook will be sent to you by mail to the address on your application after your application has been successfully processed. Please allow up to three weeks for delivery.
Note: Pocketbooks are available on a first-come, first-served basis. All eligible students will receive a copy, however please accept our apologies if your preferred selection is not available.
Can I work as a physio support worker under student membership?
CSP student membership does not include trade union representation so if you are working as a support worker it is worth being a CSP associate member as well as a student member. You can get in touch with our Enquiries team on +44 20 7306 6666 for more information.
If you are already a CSP associate member and about to start a physio programme, you are entitled to free student membership! You will need to complete the 2017/2018 student application form (and if completed in your first term you’ll get a free copy of The Physiotherapist’s Pocketbook 2e)
Can I get insurance cover to practice sports massage while studying?
The CSP offers competitive top-up insurance for CSP student members who hold a sports massage qualification.
- The cost of cover between 1 July 2018 and 31 December 2018 is £36.50
- The cost of cover between 1 January 2019 and 30 June 2019 is £22.50
What does Graduate Affiliate membership give me?
As a Graduate Affiliate member you will continue to have access to your CSP membership benefits while you wait for your HCPC registration to become a full member. You’ll be able to access benefits including the ePortfolio, Learning Hub, iCSP, Frontline, Physiotherapy News, CSP Plus, local networks and voting rights – to name a few. You will not be entitled to PLI cover.
You will have the first three months free and thereafter you will be charged £60 per annum.