Keep your membership and CSP benefits – all at a reduced rate of £5.35 a month!
Find out how to stay connected to your profession as you embark on the next stage of your life.
Are you a retired member returning to practice because of Covid-19? Upgrade to temporary qualified membership to receive the workplace support and guidance you need at this time.
We recognise the value of our retired members, who have a wealth of knowledge and experience to contribute to physiotherapy. They are also able to strengthen the voice of our profession and we want their views to be heard. But it’s not all about us! Here are three reasons to maintain your membership after you retire:
How to change your membership category
It’s quick and easy to move into the retired member category – you don’t even need to log in to your CSP website account! Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to our changing your membership form.
- Enter the details (you’ll need your membership number and if you’re a chartered member, your HCPC number.)
- Submit your request and we’ll do the rest.
- Join the Retirement Association network on iCSP. Access one-to-one peer support, have your say and debate issues affecting physiotherapy and retirement.
- Reconnect with old friends (and make some new ones) through Retirement Association events. When circumstances allow, enjoy a range of activities including study days and trips to museums or musicals. And make the most of opportunities to connect online through initiatives such as the Retirement Association’s ‘campfire session’ at our flagship conference Virtual Physiotherapy UK 2020.
- Stay up to date with the profession with Frontline magazine landing on your doormat once a month. It includes a regular Retirement Association column for you to read and contribute to. You’ll also receive a weekly physio news bulletin delivered to your inbox to keep you abreast of all the latest developments in the wider world of physiotherapy.
- Take the opportunity to share your years of experience and expertise with the next generation of physiotherapists and support workers by volunteering to be a CSP mentor.
- Keep your voice within the CSP: retain your vote in elections and represent retired members on our council and committees.
- Help us to lobby and influence decision-makers on behalf of physios nationwide. Build momentum by supporting current CSP campaigns.
Read an interview with our oldest member, Virginia Rowbotham, to find out how she's contributing at 102 years of age.
Virginia Rowbotham MCSP
I still get [Frontline] magazine every month and I don’t want to give it up.
- Continue to enjoy savings on everyday items through CSP Plus, including: holidays, car, home and life insurance; National Trust gift memberships; eye care; cinema tickets; online shopping and much, much more!
- Benefit from reduced insurance cover for ‘non-practising’ activities such as speaking engagements. If you wish to offer any form of clinical knowledge, skills and/or experience such as direct practice, lecturing or voluntary work, you must remain on the HCPC register and in the chartered membership category. (Read the full terms and conditions and restrictions.)
Cost of membership for 2021
The cost of retired membership is £5.35 per month or £64.20 a year.
The new membership subscription year starts on 1 January 2021 and renewal notices will be sent in October 2021.
- See the 2021 membership rates for all categories.