Find out how to get started as we support you on your journey
In response to the HCPC's COVID-19 temporary register, the CSP has opened a temporary qualified membership category to enable final-year students who are near graduation to start practising as Band 5 physiotherapists. Find out how to join as a temporary qualified member.
What happens next?
- you are automatically a graduate affiliate with us, this means you can continue to access news, networks and CPD (to name a few) to stay in the loop
- you have three months free membership while you wait for your HCPC registration and you will you will be charged £5 per month thereafter
- then you can become a chartered physiotherapist by logging into 'Your Account' to renew your membership.
Once you upgrade your membership, we can help you to:
- learn about a wide range of physiotherapy opportunities, including working overseas and volunteering
- connect with a mentor to grow your personal development skills and be inspired from an experienced practitioner
- plan your next career move, using the personalised ePortfolio platform to learn about and log your CPD as well as increasing your knowledge with the Learning Hub, and Frontline and variety of ebulletins to keep you updated
- access comprehensive legal services, insurance cover* and expert representation at work through the CSP’s network of trade union officers, stewards and safety reps.
Once you are a chartered physiotherapist you can:
- add MCSP after your name, giving you that extra professional edge
- be well informed for job interviews by developing your knowledge and understanding of the latest news and trends in the health sector through reading our ebulletins
- contact the CSP enquiries and professional advice team who are on hand to answer any questions and provide specialist guidance
- build your networks by joining professional networks
- promote the physiotherapy profession by getting involved with local influencing activity
- engage with your peers in discussion forums and collaborate with them in groups
Cost of membership for 2020
The cost of qualified membership is £30.95 per month.
The new membership subscription year starts on 1 January 2020. Renewal notices will be sent in October 2020. Use the table below to calculate your fee for the remaining year.
|Joining in||Month of first payment||Membership fee|
Next steps to upgrade to become qualified member (or renew your lapsed membership)
- Log in to the website and go to 'Your Account'
- Use the renew your membership link in the left-side menu.