Find out how to get started as we support you on your journey.
In response to the HCPC's Covid-19 temporary register, the CSP has opened a temporary qualified membership category to enable final-year students who are near graduation to start practising as band 5 physiotherapists. Find out how to join as a temporary qualified member.
I'm a CSP student member. What happens when I graduate?
- As a CSP student member, you are automatically transferred to our graduate affiliate category on reaching the end date of your degree. (This date is provided by your university.)
- This category is for newly graduated CSP student members who are awaiting HCPC registration.
- As a graduate affiliate, you can continue to access your membership benefits and services to stay in the loop. This includes access to our networks, library services and the ePortfolio platform (but excludes Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) cover).
- You receive three months as a graduate affiliate for free while you wait for your HCPC registration. You will then be charged £5 per month thereafter.
- As soon as you have your HCPC registration number, you can upgrade to chartered membership by logging into 'Your Account' to renew your membership.
- Members who upgrade receive the first three months of chartered membership for free. This is worth over £90!
Upgrade to become a chartered member (or renew your lapsed membership)
I'm new to the CSP. How do I join after graduation?
If you haven't been a CSP member before, you can join as a chartered member as soon as you have your HCPC registration.
Join as a new chartered member:
- Create an account (then check your email and confirm your password).
- Log in to the website and go to 'Your Account'.
- Use the apply now! link.
For help, contact the Enquiries Team on 020 7306 6666 or email email@example.com
Once you're a chartered physiotherapist you can:
- call yourself a chartered physiotherapist and add MCSP after your name for that extra professional edge!
- connect with a mentor to grow your personal development skills.
- access comprehensive legal services and insurance cover*
- receive expert representation at work through the CSP’s network of trade union officers, stewards and safety reps.
Want more from chartered membership? See all the benefits!
Cost of membership for 2020
The cost of qualified membership is £30.95 per month.
The new membership subscription year starts on 1 January 2020. Renewal notices will be sent in October 2020. Expand the box below to calculate your fee for the remaining year.
Fees for the rest of 2020
|Joining in||Month of first payment||Membership fee|