Associate student membership costs £9.64 per month - that's 31p a day!
If any of the following scenarios apply to you then join the CSP as an associate student member:
- undertaking an apprenticeship through an accredited physiotherapy programme
- employed as a part-time support worker while studying a pre-registration physiotherapy degree
- employed as a Band 3 support worker during the COVID-19 crisis (as part of a revised restructure of your pre-registration physiotherapy degree).
As an associate student member, you will:
- benefit from the protection of the CSP’s professional liability insurance that is specific to your role as a support worker (in case you need it)*
- gain access to workplace support, representation and legal services*
- make use of the CSP’s learning resources and support while you’re studying
- connect to other support workers and apprentices online with your own Associate’s hub
- be part of the largest physiotherapy community in the UK
- receive all the benefits of student membership (at no additional cost)
- And that’s not all… you’ll also be entitled to a reduced registration fee (for CSP qualified membership) when you graduate – that’s £20 compared to £210 for non-member graduates.
*These benefits are not available within student membership. The PLI offered under student membership applies to supervised clinical placements only.
How to join
If you are a CSP student member:
- To upgrade your membership, please complete the changing your membership grade form and a member of the CSP team will be in touch to progress your application.
If joining the CSP for the first time:
- Please download, complete and sign the student membership application form and return to the CSP using the freepost address. When completing this form, please ensure you have ticked the correct box:
- If you are joining as a student who is employed as a support worker, tick "I am subscribing as a new associate student member" on page 4.
- If you are joining as an apprentice, tick " I am subscribing as a new associate student member (apprentice)" on page 4.
If you experience any issues or have a question, feel free to call our Enquiries Team on 020 7306 6666.
If you wish to change back to the student membership category at a future date, please complete the changing membership grade form. Changes take up to a month to be processed.