If you’re studying a pre-registration apprenticeship or working as a support worker or healthcare assistant while you study, sign up as an Associate Student member for just £9.92 and get all the benefits of student membership plus added insurance protection and employment support.
The CSP's associate student membership category is designed specifically for:
- students undertaking a pre-registration apprenticeship through a CSP-accredited physiotherapy programme or
- students employed as a part-time support worker while studying a CSP-accredited pre-registration physiotherapy programme or
- students employed as healthcare assistants or in another non-registered health or care role.
As an associate student member, you will:
- benefit from the protection of the CSP’s professional liability insurance (PLI) for students working in a physiotherapy support worker role or as an apprentice (in case you need it)*
- gain access to workplace support, representation and legal services*
- make use of the CSP’s learning resources and support while you’re studying
- connect to other support workers and apprentices online with your own Associate’s hub
- be part of the largest physiotherapy community in the UK
- receive all the benefits of student membership (at no additional cost).
*These benefits are not available within student membership. The PLI offered under student membership applies to supervised clinical placements only. Students working in non-therapy related roles, for example as a healthcare assistant, are not covered by CSP PLI.
First years, get a free pocketbook!
Sign up to associate student membership in your first (academic) year of your apprentice or course to receive a free pocketbook (worth over £22). Choose between:
- The Physiotherapist’s Pocketbook: Essential Facts at your Fingertips. Kenyon and Kenyon (3rd edition)
- Anatomy and Human Movement Pocketbook. Palastanga, et al. (1st edition)
Pocketbooks are available on a first-come, first-served basis so do sign-up as soon as you can to avoid disappointment.
Can't decide? Read the reviews.
How to join as an Associate Student Member
If you're a pre-registration apprentice joining the CSP for the first time
You'll need to first create a website account (if you've not already got one).
Then, once logged in, go to www.csp.org.uk/account/apply and complete the joining form (and select 'Yes' when asked if you're undertaking a pre-registration apprenticeship).
If you're a pre-registration student employed as a support worker (or healthcare assistant) joining the CSP for the first time
Please download, complete and sign the student membership application formand return to the CSP using the freepost address. On the final page of the PDF, please ensure you complete the payment information for 'associate student membership' only.
If you're already a CSP associate member
- Please download, complete and sign the student membership application form and include your CSP associate membership number (on page 1). Then return to the CSP using the freepost address.
If you're already a CSP student member
- To upgrade your membership to Associate Student membership, please complete the changing your membership grade form and a member of the CSP team will be in touch to progress your application.
If you experience any issues or have a question, call our Enquiries Team on 020 7306 6666 or email email@example.com
If you wish to change to the student membership category at a future date, please complete the changing membership grade form. Changes take up to a month to be processed.