Associate student membership costs £9.92 per month – that's 32p a day!
The CSP's associate student membership category is designed specifically for:
- students undertaking an apprenticeship through a CSP-accredited physiotherapy programme or
- students employed as a part-time support worker while studying a CSP-accredited pre-registration physiotherapy programme or
- students employed as healthcare assistants or in another non-registered health or care role.
As an associate student member, you will:
- benefit from the protection of the CSP’s professional liability insurance (PLI) for students working in a physiotherapy support worker role or as an apprentice (in case you need it)*
- gain access to workplace support, representation and legal services*
- make use of the CSP’s learning resources and support while you’re studying
- connect to other support workers and apprentices online with your own Associate’s hub
- be part of the largest physiotherapy community in the UK
- receive all the benefits of student membership (at no additional cost).
*These benefits are not available within student membership. The PLI offered under student membership applies to supervised clinical placements only. Students working in non-therapy related roles, for example as a healthcare assistant, are not covered by CSP PLI.
First years, get a free pocketbook!
Sign up to associate student membership in your first term to receive a free pocketbook (worth over £22). Choose between:
- The Physiotherapist’s Pocketbook: Essential Facts at your Fingertips. Kenyon and Kenyon (3rd edition)
- Anatomy and Human Movement Pocketbook. Palastanga, et al. (1st edition)
Pocketbooks are available on a first-come, first-served basis so do sign-up as soon as you can to avoid disappointment. (Can't decide? Read the reviews.)
How to join
If you are a CSP student member:
- To upgrade your membership, please complete the changing your membership grade form and a member of the CSP team will be in touch to progress your application.
If joining the CSP for the first time:
- Please download, complete and sign the student membership application form and return to the CSP using the freepost address.
- On the final page of the PDF, please ensure you complete the payment information for 'associate student membership' only.
If you experience any issues or have a question, call our Enquiries Team on 020 7306 6666 or email email@example.com
If you wish to change back to the student membership category at a future date, please complete the changing membership grade form. Changes take up to a month to be processed.