Join the CSP today and you’ll not only gain your coveted chartered physiotherapist status, you’ll benefit from professional liability insurance and workplace support (including services for those in independent practice), professional development resources, opportunities to connect with the wider physiotherapy community and much more.
Membership is for any physiotherapist registered with the HCPC, so if you live outside the UK, you can still be a chartered member.
We’re here to support you through any difficulty you face at work and to help you develop and feel confident throughout your physiotherapy career.
To join the CSP you'll need to first create a website account.
If you've already got a website account then you can join as a chartered member now.
If you're currently a graduate affiliate member then upgrade to chartered membership via your account and get 3 months for free.
Chartered status and the designation MCSP
Being a Chartered Physiotherapist means you are more than just a physiotherapist; you are part of a voice of the profession. It’s a badge of excellence which many employers require or prefer, and patients appreciate.
Protection at work
Whether you’re newly qualified or established in your career, keep a handle of your CPD records with the CSP's ePortfolio and learning hub and develop your interests using our member-only CPD resources.
Advice and support
Our confidential professional advice service is run by a team of experienced physiotherapists, so whatever your question or concern, we’re here to help.
We know the independent sector is diverse, which means our members are likely to want different things from us.
Rest assured, we’re listening to what you need and we are continually developing our services to better protect and support you.
As you come to the end of your journey as a student, there are many exciting opportunities available to graduating physios, including working in the NHS, establishing a private practice, or working overseas.
If you’re graduating soon, find out how you can get twelve months of membership for free while you wait for HCPC registration.
Find out how to stay connected to your profession as you embark on the next stage of your life, while keeping your CSP membership and all its benefits.
Other membership benefits
Develop life-long skills
- Receive your monthly copy of Frontline magazine, the essential read for people working in the physiotherapy profession. You can also sign up for the weekly Physiotherapy News email bulletins and quarterly Physiotherapy Journal.
- Apply for up to £3,500 of funding through the Charitable Trust Education Awards.
- Access eBooks, eJournals and eReports through the online library and information services.
- Find your next role by searching the latest job vacancies.
Engage with your community
- Find out what’s happening in your area and take part in local member events held by your Regional Network or Country Board. You can also get free access to member events and a discounted PTUK conference ticket.
- Use your voice to create change by supporting the CSP campaigns to lobby and influence decision makers.
- Connect, ask questions and share knowledge with peers on iCSP, our member-only online community that is home to over 60 speciality forums.
- Join one of the CSP's committees and networks or become a steward or safety rep in your workplace.
- Enjoy the many offers available to you with CSP Plus, our member-only discounts scheme, from money off your car insurance and gym membership to holiday deals and experience days out.
- You could also be eligible to claim tax relief on work expenses including travel or CSP membership fees.
Membership costs 2022
|Annual fee||Monthly fee|
|Chartered member working||£401.16||£33.43|
|Chartered member teaching in higher education: for those who are either a member of University College Union or the Educational Institute of Scotland, or working in the Health Authority in Jersey and a member of Prospect||£299.64||£24.97|
|Graduate affiliate: for newly qualified students awaiting HCPC registration (and those deciding on next steps)||£60.00||£5.00|
|Practising overseas: for chartered physiotherapists practising outside the UK||£250.80||£20.90|
|Career break: for existing members who are not currently working or taking a break||£184.44||£15.37|
|Retirement: for members who are retired or permanently unable to work due to ill health||£67.32||£5.61|