How you can get involved with your union this February.
#HeartUnions 10-16 Feb: 5 things you can do
It's HeartUnions week from 10 to 16 February.
The main aims of HeartUnions are also CSP priorities – recruiting members and activists to make our union strong and effective. So we’d really like you to get involved. You can:
- Speak to a work colleague to check if they're in a union, particularly support workers and Band 5s, and if they're not, then signpost them to join us online.
- Volunteer to be a rep (steward, safety rep or workplace contact) where there are vacancies in your workplace
- Join in local heart union week events – your local CSP rep will be aware
- Support activity on social media - look out for #heartunions and #TeamCSP
- Share positive union news - if you've been supported recently by a CSP rep, tell us how by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll share it to show the value of being in a union (tell us if you want to anonymise)
More information about the CSP in the workplace
- What’s my union ever done for me?
- What can my union do for me?
- How can I get involved?
- 10 things the CSP did for you in the workplace in 2019
The HeartUnions initiative is co-ordinated by the TUC nationally.