An annual TUC initiative, HeartUnions week celebrates and strengthens trade unions by recognising the power of working people to effect real lasting change. Here's how you can get involved with your union this February.
#HeartUnions 8-14 February: Five things you can do
It's HeartUnions week from 8-14 February 2021.
The main aims of HeartUnions are also CSP priorities – recruiting members and activists to make our union strong and effective. So we’d really like you to get involved. You can:
- Speak to a work colleague to check if they're in a union, particularly support workers and Band 5s, and if they're not, then signpost them to join us online
- Volunteer to be a rep (steward, safety rep or workplace contact) where there are vacancies in your workplace
- Join in local heart union week events – your local CSP rep will be aware
- Support activity on social media – look out for #heartunions and #heartCSP
- Share positive union news – if you've been supported recently by a CSP rep, tell us how by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll share it to show the value of being in a union (tell us if you want to anonymise)
More information about the CSP in the workplace
- What’s my union ever done for me?
- What can my union do for me?
- How can I get involved?
- Ten things the CSP did in the workplace in 2020
The HeartUnions initiative is co-ordinated by the TUC nationally.