Find further information and resources on this page to help you in your role as a CSP safety rep.
Introducing the role
Learn more about what it means to be a CSP safety rep.
CSP health and safety briefings
Employment Relations & Union Services produces information and guidance on a wide range of health and safety issues:
- Bullying at Work (HS&05)
- Health & Safety Inspection Checklist (H&S15)
- Personal Safety for Lone Workers (H&S07)
- Risk Assessment (H&S03)
- Sickness Absence Policies (H&S10)
- Work Related Musculoskeletal Disorders (H&S11)
- Workplace Stress (H&S01)
- Stress at Work Advice Sheets (includes: Demands of the Job, Dealing with Change, Role Conflict, Support, Bullying, Work Environment)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: guidance for Safety Reps and Stewards
- Stress at Work: Tackling Stress - What CSP Safety Reps can do
- Display Screen Equipment (Advice Sheet)
- Hazards Checklist for Pregnant Mothers
- Temperature Control in the Workplace (Advice Sheet)
- MSD Resource Pack (includes resources for Safety Reps)
- Do you know how a safety rep can help? advice for stewards and advice for managers
- CSP Health and Safety Inspection Checklist
- CSP Remote Workplace Inspection Checklist
- Annual Safety Rep Action Plan 2016
- Stress at Work survey
- How to assist disabled members in the workplace
Safety reps' forms
- Safety Rep's Accreditation Form
- Safety Rep's Resignation Form
- Safety Rep's Re-election Form
- Safety Rep's Induction Application Form
iCSP Safety Reps Network
The safety reps' networks on iCSP are restricted to accredited CSP safety reps. Once you become an accredited safety rep you will automatically be put forward for approval on both the national network and your own regional network. If you are not currently registered on iCSP, please do so as soon as possible.
News and information relating to your role as a safety rep is published on the safety reps' networks and you will be sent updates of new content so you can be kept informed, even when time is at a premium. Specific news on issues relating to your region, including regional training days, is posted on a regular basis.
NHS staff council
The NHS staff council website has a lot of highly useful information for safety reps not least the following publications:
Trades Union Congress
The TUC website has a section on health and safety which includes dedicated guidance for safety reps.
You can also download a PDF copy of the Safety Representatives and Safety Committees Regulations 1977, (aka 'The Brown Book'), from their website.