Find further information and resources on this page to help you in your role as a CSP safety rep.
Introducing the role of the safety rep
Learn more about what it means to be a CSP safety rep.
CSP health and safety briefings
- CSP Information Manual for Safety Reps
- Health and safety inspection checklist
- CSP remote workplace inspection checklist
- Risk assessment
- Stress at work advice sheets (includes: demands of the job, dealing with change, role conflict, support, bullying, work environment)
- Stress at work: tackling stress - what CSP safety reps can do
- Quick stress survey and organisation checklist
- MSD resource pack (includes resources for safety reps)
- Do you know how a safety rep can help? advice for stewards and advice for managers
- Annual safety rep action plan
The CSP's Employment Relations and Union Services directorate produces guidance on a wide range of subjects. Access the ERUS publications list for full details.
Safety reps' forms
- Safety rep's accreditation form
- Safety rep's resignation form
- Safety rep's re-election form
- Safety rep's induction application form
Safety rep e-newsletter are sent monthly, with archive available here.
iCSP Safety reps network
The safety reps' networks on iCSP are restricted to accredited CSP safety reps. Once you become an accredited safety rep you will automatically be put forward for approval on both the national network and your own regional network.
News and information relating to your role as a safety rep is published on the safety reps' networks and you will be sent updates of new content so you can be kept informed, even when time is at a premium.
Personalised leaflets and posters
Get professionally printed localised posters and leaflets to assist you in your role through our 'Print on demand' service.
NHS staff council
The NHS staff council website has a lot of highly useful information for safety reps, including the following publications:
Trades Union Congress
The TUC website has a section on health and safety which includes dedicated guidance for safety reps.
You can also download a PDF copy of the Safety Representatives and Safety Committees Regulations 1977, (aka 'The Brown Book'), from their website.