Thank you to those who attended the 31st Annual Representative Conference (ARC) on 14-15 June at the Midland Hotel, Manchester. We look forward to seeing you again next year!
‘Workforce’ was the theme for the 2022 Annual Representative Conference. This broad theme addressed many key issues members face including Covid-19, work conditions, staffing levels, funding, student placements, mental health, and equity, diversity and belonging.
Expenses from ARC 2022
What happens at ARC?
- Groups are invited to present their motions – speakers have a limited time to propose their motion followed by other speakers who will respond and debate. A vote is taken on each motion and nominated reps are asked to vote.
- Fringe meetings - any group or committee can put forward a proposal to hold a fringe meeting at ARC.
- Election of the Agenda Committee reps for the next two years will take place during the conference.
- Rep of the Year awards.
What has the ARC done for the CSP and its members?
Previous ARC motions have helped to change the future of the profession in areas such as:
- prescribing rights
- opening membership up to associates
- injection therapy
- affiliating to the TUC
- leading the way in equity and diversity issues, resulting in creating the network groups
- employing CSP policy officers and setting up CSP regional offices
Take a look at motions discussed at the conference in 2019.
What are motions?
An ARC motion is a form of words formally proposing an action or policy to the CSP Council. Motions are debated and voted on at ARC. As part of its responsibility for determining ARC business, the ARC Agenda Committee considers any motions proposed by CSP representative groups, in line with the ARC constitution. As ARC is an advisory body to the CSP’s elected Council, ARC resolutions are not automatically mandatory. Council can decide to accept or reject them.
Who are the ARC Agenda Committee?
The ARC Agenda Committee (AAC) leads on developing plans for the conference, aiming to attract up to 250 representatives from CSP networks, boards and groups. Proposing groups are encouraged to think about motions to propose along the workforce theme or on any other relevant issue that fits under the CSP corporate strategy. The ARC Agenda Committee determines the business of ARC, so that the conference achieves its purpose. The committee will consider submitted motions and oversee the management of motions.
Elections to the ARC Agenda Committee will take place at ARC. Committee members usually serve a term of four years, ending at the fourth ARC they are in post.