The CSP is proud to support student-led physio societies. Whether you're a new or established society, make use of the support, resources and funding the CSP provides.
Society committee WhatsApp
Are you a member of your university's physio society committee (or taking the steps to start one)? If so, request access to the Uni Physio Societies UK WhatsApp by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Here you can:
- find out what other physio societies are doing across the UK
- share resources and ideas
- ask (and respond to) questions from other members
- hear about the latest opportunities and events.
Further, we encourage you to join our online interactive forum for students in order to promote your society and encourage participation. This forum is called the Students iCSP. Feel free to post regular updates and find new members!
Society networking events
The CSP runs free events for student-led physiotherapy societies to help support networking with the wider physiotherapy community and develop successful CPD opportunities for physio students and apprentices.
- Online events for societies are in development. More details to follow.
Receive CSP merchandise and promotional materials
If your Freshers' Fair is coming up, request a free box of CSP branded materials to give away at your physio society stand. The box will include posters and leaflets promoting CSP membership and a variety of branded merchandise including pens. To request a box, please email email@example.com as early as possible with the date of the event, the full postal address for delivery and your contact name and number.
Sponsorship – apply for funding!
Student-led physiotherapy societies can apply for funding from the CSP. This includes:
- Individual society sponsorship: of up to £450 (exclusive of VAT). Societies can only apply for sponsorship once per academic year.
- Your student-led physiotherapy society must be Students’ Union affiliated to apply for sponsorship as all funds are paid via the Students’ Union.
- Societies who received sponsorship in 2022 or early 2023 must submit their end of year report before submitting a new application.
- The report can be completed at this link – society activity report.
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please complete the online application form – applications will open in October 2023 and close at the end of December 2023.
Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee that funding will be granted. As funds are limited, applications are assessed on an ‘as needed’ basis. Please request the amount youneed as early as possible.
Read the guidance in full for more information: