The Leadership Development Programme is a two semester modular programme delivered using a variety of stimulating, engaging and interactive learning methods to help develop your leadership skills.
ON THIS PAGE:
The CSP has run a successful Leadership Development Programme (LDP) for the last three years, delivered to over 120 CSP physiotherapist members.
If you require specific information on the programme content, dates, rooms etc., please contact the university directly.
The LDP is delivered separately by two higher education institutions (HEIs), the University of Hertfordshire and the University of Central Lancashire.
It is an M-level/level 7 accredited module (or level 11 in the Scottish Credit & Qualifications Framework) worth 30 credits and will be available to all Allied Health Professions (AHPs).
You can only apply to one university.
Please ensure you state clearly in your application that you meet the funding criteria below.
University of Central Lancashire
The next UCLan cohort will start on 10th February 2020.
CSP funded places at UCLan have now been filled.
For members and other AHPs who wish to take part in the course as a self-funded/workplace-funded/professional body-funded participant, please visit the link above and send an application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Hertfordshire
The next UH cohort will start in September 2020.
To be informed of when applications open, email LDP@csp.org.uk
For specific information on course content, dates, rooms etc., please contact email@example.com
The CSP funds 48 places for physiotherapists (24 in each HEI) each year using funding from the CSP Charitable Trust. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
To apply for a funded place, you must:
- be a current and full practicing CSP member for at least 4 years (provide membership number)
- be HCPC registered (provide membership number)
- be at Band 6 or 7 level (or equivalent if outside the NHS)
- living and working in the UK
- have management responsibility of others (e.g. a team, students, support workers etc.)
- not be a locum
- be working in any sector
- be an aspiring/future leader
- not already be an LDP alumni
If you do not meet these criteria, you are still able to take part in the module as a self-funded/workplace-funded participant (more details below).
If you receive one of the 48 funded places, you will be required to sign a Funded Participant Contract. Failure to turn up to the course will result in the you being charged the full cost of the module.
You and/or your organisation will be liable to pay for this if you choose to withdraw from the programme after enrolment, unless you have evidence of exceptional circumstances.
Travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses are not covered by the CSP.
If you're not successful in receiving one of the 48 funded places, you can still pay to participate in this valuable CPD opportunity. Non-CSP funded places will have to be self-funded or funded through another source (e.g. work, your professional body’s Charitable Trust, etc.).
If you're a CSP member, you can apply for funding up to £450 through the Education Awards Panel. The award opens for applications twice a year – January to March and June to September. You'll have to provide confirmation of your place and proof of how much the total fees are when you apply for this funding.
Prices for AHPs/non-CSP funded places are:
- University of Hertfordshire - £1400pp
- University of Central Lancashire - £1290pp
Our aim is to develop AHP leadership capability and capacity, through:
- Developing leaders with a critical understanding of leadership styles and business awareness applied to their service
- Establishing leadership development for AHPs that adds value to their personal development and their service contribution, and is applicable to healthcare systems across the UK
- Enabling those taking part to influence and make a positive, lasting change within their work environment
- Promoting the importance of leadership behaviours and roles in Physiotherapy and other AHPs
- Demonstrating the CSP’s commitment to not only improving the leadership capacity and ability of the Physiotherapy profession, but also other AHPs, for the benefit of service provision
Each university uses a variety of provoking, engaging and fun learning methods allowing you to learn from the programme team, yourself and your cohort colleagues.
The 2-semester module consists of:
- 300 hours of learning
- Personality profiling
- Face to face workshops
- Group discussions
- Action learning sets
- Online learning
The modules will be run separately by the following delivery teams:
- Professor Karen Beeton
- Dr Heather Thornton
- Laura Davidson-Dean
- Dr Kevin Flynn
- Professor Jeremy Lewis
- Dr Karen Atkinson
- Helen Rawlings
- Dr Anne Milston
- Adele Nightingale
- Joy Gana-Inatimi
- Dr Eliza Morgan (UCLan Leadership Hub)
- Louise Varley (UCLan Leadership Hub)
- Ann Marie Ward (UCLan Leadership Hub)
- Amy Travis – Project Coordinator
- Natalie Beswetherick – Director of Practice and Development
- Gill Rawlinson - Assistant Director of Practice and Development
NOTE: details, including prices are subject to minor changes.