The Leadership Development Programme is a two semester modular programme delivered using a variety of stimulating, engaging and interactive learning methods to help develop your leadership skills.
ON THIS PAGE:
The CSP has run a successful Leadership Development Programme (LDP) for the last two years, delivered to over 80 CSP physiotherapist members.
Please contact us at LDP@csp.org.uk if you require any further information on the programme.
We're happy to announce that the 2019 LDP will be run by two higher education institutions (HEIs), the University of Hertfordshire and the University of Central Lancashire.
It will be run as an M-level/level 7 accredited module (or level 11 in the Scottish Credit & Qualifications Framework) worth 30 credits and will be available to all Allied Health Professions (AHPs).
Our aim is to develop AHP leadership capability and capacity, through:
- Developing leaders with a critical understanding of leadership styles and business awareness applied to their service
- Establishing leadership development for AHPs that adds value to their personal development and their service contribution, and is applicable to healthcare systems across the UK
- Enabling those taking part to influence and make a positive, lasting change within their work environment
- Promoting the importance of leadership behaviours and roles in Physiotherapy and other AHPs
- Demonstrating the CSP’s commitment to not only improving the leadership capacity and ability of the Physiotherapy profession, but also other AHPs, for the benefit of service provision
The LDP module will be run separately by The University of Hertfordshire and The University of Central Lancashire. They'll each use a variety of provoking, engaging and fun learning methods allowing you to learn from the programme team, yourself and your cohort colleagues.
The 2-semester module consists of:
- 300 hours of learning
- Personality profiling
- Face to face workshops
- Group discussions
- Action learning sets
- Online learning
For more information on course structure, download the 2019 LDP module descriptors below.
- University of Hertfordshire modules
- University of Hertfordshire dates
- University of Central Lancashire modules
- University of Central Lancashire dates
You can only apply to one university.
University of Hertfordshire
Funded places at the University of Hertfordshire have now been filled. If you would like to take part in the February LDP as a self-funded or workplace funded participant, please apply below.
University of Central Lancashire
Module title: Leadership Development for Allied Health Professions
Funded places at the University of Central Lancashire have now been filled. If you would like to take part in the February LDP as a self-funded or workplace funded participant, please apply below.
Please review the guidance above and complete the application form.
Email your application to: email@example.com
Or post to:
Health CPD Unit
Faculty of Health and Wellbeing
University of Central Lancashire
The CSP is funding 48 places for physiotherapists (24 in each HEI) in 2019 using funding from the CSP Charitable Trust. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
To apply for a funded place, you must be:
- a current CSP member (provide membership number)
- HCPC registered (provide membership number)
- at Band 6 or 7 level (or equivalent if outside the NHS)
- working in any sector
- an aspiring/future leader
- not already a 2017/2018 LDP alumni
If you receive one of the 48 funded places, you will be required to sign a Funded Participant Contract. If you do not meet these criteria, you are still able to take part in the module as a self-funded/workplace-funded participant.
You and/or your organisation will be liable to pay for this if you choose to withdraw from the programme after enrolment, unless you have evidence of exceptional circumstances.
Travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses are not covered by the CSP.
If you're not successful in receiving one of the 48 funded places, you can still pay to participate in this valuable CPD opportunity. Non-CSP funded places will have to be self-funded or funded through another source (e.g. work, your professional body’s Charitable Trust, etc.).
If you're a CSP member, you can apply for funding up to £450 through the Education Awards Panel. The award opens for applications twice a year – January to March and June to September. You'll have to provide confirmation of your place and proof of how much the total fees are when you apply for this funding.
Prices for AHPs/non-CSP funded places are:
- University of Hertfordshire - £1360pp
- University of Central Lancashire - £1290pp
The modules will be run separately by the following delivery teams:
- Professor Karen Beeton
- Dr Heather Thornton
- Laura Davidson-Dean
- Dr Kevin Flynn
- Professor Jeremy Lewis
- Dr Karen Atkinson
- Helen Rawlings
- Dr Anne Milston
- Gillian Rawlingson
- Adele Nightingale
- Joy Gana-Inatimi
- Dr Eliza Morgan (UCLan Leadership Hub)
- Louise Varley (UCLan Leadership Hub)
- Ann Marie Ward (UCLan Leadership Hub)
- Amy Travis – Leadership Development Coordinator
- Natalie Beswetherick – Director of Practice and Development
NOTE: details are subject to minor changes and subject to contracts being signed.