The Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Alliance (ARMA) is the umbrella body for the arthritis and musculoskeletal community in the UK.
We have over 30 member organisations ranging from specialised support groups for rare diseases to major research charities and national professional bodies.
The ARMA Clinical Networks Project, in partnership with NHS England, aims to improve MSK services by bringing knowledge together and bringing people together. In 2017 the project held a series of regional events giving input on national initiatives and local good practice examples followed by discussions in STP footprints about what needs to happen locally.
In 2018 we plan two things to deliver on the original objectives:
1) Initiate and support networks at an STP/ICS level.
2) Deliver an on-line Knowledge Hub, which will bring knowledge together, showcase best practice and enable on-line discussion.
Through this activity we want to support:
- effective collaboration in every STP/ICS in order to deliver,
- improved commissioning of MSK services in pathways in order to achieve,
- better outcomes for people with MSK conditions.
In some areas there are already active networks looking to improve MSK services. Some of these have arisen following the regional events. In other areas MSK has a much lower profile and there is less collaboration.
The MSK Networks project will support collaboration depending on what is needed locally including:
- Putting people in touch including local representatives of ARMA member organisations and people who attended the regional meetings;
- Collaboration tools including a new on-line knowledge hub and virtual meetings;
- Regular e-newsletter keeping up to date with national initiatives and good practice examples;
- Webinars on how to deliver good practice in response to requests from networks;
- Linking your local network with others enabling sharing of good practice;
- Analysis of the national picture to inform priorities for ARMA, NHSE and others.
Join the ARMA MSK Network project
Membership is open to anyone working at a local level to improve the design, commissioning or delivery of MSK services. If you would like to join, please complete and return the form on our website.
Number of subscribers: 1