On this page:
I think you have to be motivated and willing to negotiate with your manager and team that all four pillars of practice are important and need to be developed.
- CSP physiotherapy framework
- Scope of practice
- Learning and development
- Workforce development
- CSP insurance resources
- First contact physiotherapy
- Medicines, prescribing and injection therapy
- HCPC - Advanced Practice project
- Physio first Do private physios have a career pathway?
- NHS employers job profiles
Hannah Morley is an advanced physiotherapist and first contact practitioner.
She completed a Churchill Fellow exploring the efficacy of advanced clinical practice in healthcare.
Read her blog and download her executive summary, clinical governance, and education curriculum below.
- Skills for Health: Development of advanced clinical practice credentials for healthcare professions
- E-Learning for health: ACP Online Toolkit
- Health Education England ( HEE) :
- Advanced clinical practice
- National conference for advanced practitioners - Monday 9 November and Thursday 12 November 2020. Link to the recordings.
- Centre for Advancing Practice update
- HEE Advanced Practice credentials
- Advanced Practice Mental Health Curriculum and Capabilities Framework
- Advanced clinical practice YouTube page - There are a number of videos highlighting the potential advanced practice roles currently in practice. In particular we recommend that you watch 35, 36, 42, 31, 22, 30, 32.
Supervision for Advanced Clinical Practice - The publication delivers practical guidance for workplace supervision of trainee advanced practitioners and sets out a pathway for both the trainee and supervisor. The HEE ACP London team also hosted a supervision webinar session on October the 7th 2020, please follow the link to the full session.