There is no standardised or set route into advanced level practice. Below are some examples of advanced practice level members throughout the UK in different specialities.
There are also some quality assured examples of successful initiatives currently on the CSP's innovation database.
Be prepared to step up and push the boundaries of your role
Kate is an advanced practice physiotherapist in the colorectal team at NHS Fife.
Chandrasekhar is an FCP clinical and implementation lead and first contact advanced practice physiotherapist.
Susan is an advanced paediatric physiotherapist at NHS Lanarkshire.
Nick is an musculoskeletal advanced practice physiotherapist at Vita Health Group.
Martin is an first contact advanced practice physiotherapist.
Lorna is an advanced paediatric physiotherapist in NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde.
Katie is an advanced practice physiotherapist working in paediatric orthopaedics at NHS Fife.
Jo is an orthogeriatric advanced practice physiotherapist working at South Warwickshire Foundation Trust.
Hayley is a first contact advanced practice physiotherapist.
Geoff is an orthopaedic Advanced practice Physiotherapist at NHS Lothian.
See below for a few quality assured examples of successful initiatives currently on the CSP's innovation database.
- Replacing a retiring consultant rheumatologist with an appropriately skilled consultant physiotherapist
- A specialist fitness for work service: advanced practice physiotherapist working as a first point of contact practitioner
- Patient satisfaction and outcomes of MSK pain patients accessing advanced physiotherapy practitioner in primary care
- Rheumatology triage and Assessment by advanced practitioner physiotherapists
- Working with complex persistent pain
- Transformation of therapy services
- Development of Botulinum Toxin-A service in Fife, Scotland
- Functional restoration service