The CSP has developed these standards in direct response to the rapidly evolving situation.
These peer-reviewed standards are aimed at the physiotherapy workforce and service leads. They are underpinned by National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), government and profession-specific guidance on Covid-19. We will review and update them as the knowledge base and expert experience develop.
This particular set of standards covers rehabilitation and physiotherapy for people with Covid-19 who are approaching the end of their life. This includes people who are likely to die from Covid-19 and people with Covid-19 who have advanced, progressive, incurable conditions or life-threatening acute conditions. The standards also covers support for patients' families and carers. They are relevant for all care settings.
There are 5 quality standards:
- Assessment, care planning and review
- Rehabilitation and symptom management
- Communication and information
- Coordinated rehabilitation and care pathways
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and infection control
Expert peer reviewers:
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Oncology and Palliative Care (ACPOPC)
- Association for Chartered Physiotherapists in Respiratory Care (ACPRC)
- AGILE (Chartered Physiotherapists working with older people)