We are in the process of updating the Physiotherapy Framework and hope to launch it by mid 2024. Find out what we're aiming to do and how you can help shape the new framework.
The aim of our new resource is to support individuals, managers, and organisations to identify the learning and professional development needs of the physiotherapy workforce across the whole career span in all sectors and all UK countries.
It will offer guidance on the knowledge, skills and behaviours required at different stages of a physiotherapist or physiotherapy support worker’s career.
The new framework will aim to integrate the four pillars of practice – clinical, leadership, research and education – into a predominantly clinical role.
The tool will focus on six levels:
- Support worker
- Advanced support worker
- New graduate
Help us shape the new Physiotherapy Framework
We are looking for members to get involved and help us to design a truly interactive tool. We need stories, case studies, insights into your career journey.
Can you share your career stories, for example:
- How have you developed your clinical skills?
- Tell us about your leadership journey
- How do you use research within your role?
- How have you grown in your teaching abilities?
- What’s the most impactful piece of learning you have you have done?
You may wish to write us a short case study or even just a paragraph or two. These can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org or uploaded as a Word doc to the Box app. Please clearly label your file with your full name.
You must complete this consent form in order for us to use and share your submission.
Send us a video
We would also love to include some short videos. To share a video of yourself, take a 30- to 60-second clip on your phone and then upload it to Box App.
- You record with your phone placed horizontally/landscape
- Your phone is propped up or in a tripod to avoid a shaky image
- Your background is plain and not distracting
- You are in a bright, well-lit space
- Noise quality is good (no background noise or echo)
- The video is between 30 and 60 seconds long
In the video, please include:
- A brief introduction of yourself and your role – for example, support worker or new graduate
- Your answer to one of the 'career stories' questions above
Please complete the consent form once you have submitted your case study or video so that we are able to use your contribution.
Thank you in advance for taking part, we know your story will help to inspire others to develop and reach their potential.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
This work has been funded by NHS England (formerly Health Education England).