Whether you've been a member for a few years or new to our physio community, here's how you can make the most of CSP student membership.
Checklist for getting started with your membership:
- Register online for your website account
When you receive your CSP membership number (by email), your first task is to create your CSP website account. It’s quick and easy and means you can start exploring all your member-only resources and tools.
- Manage your email preferences
Once logged in, choose what emails you want to receive from us. Choices include our physio journal email and our member benefits update. Be sure to tick ‘Student life’ so you don’t miss our bulletin that we create especially for you.
- Subscribe to iCSP forums
Get support and advice from members across a wide variety of settings, regions and backgrounds through our member-only online iCSP forums. Whether you’re interested in MSK, respiratory or want to connect with other students, we have a forum for you.
- Take a look at the student hub
Here you’ll find lots of information including the latest opportunities and events, how to get involved with the CSP, and learning resources to support you while you study.
- Follow us @thecspstudents on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Below is a selection of the benefits you receive with your membership.
Access our learning and development resources
Create your ePortfolio
Use the CSP ePortfolio platform to manage a digital portfolio of your work, reflections and achievements. You can also choose to share elements or keep everything private. Watch the video guides to learn how to upload content and make the most of its features.
- Explore the library
Search the CSP’s library for books, journals, e-documents, historical images and CSP publications (current and archived) and use the CSP’s Discovery: Evidence and Knowledge Search facility to find bibliographic databases, e-journals, ebooks, etheses and much more.
- Browse the Physiotherapy journals
The CSP’s official journal, Physiotherapy, features world-class research. As a CSP member you have free online access to the journal and its online archive (dating back to 1988).
Access exclusive opportunities and networks
- Each year, we provide opportunities for student members to volunteer at our national conference, Physiotherapy UK, in exchange for free access to the event.
- Alternatively, attend Physiotherapy UK for a reduced member price (£49 for two days).
- Apply to join the CSP's Student Reference Group and influence how the CSP supports and engages with its student members.
- The CSP offers a wide variety of member networks. Sign up to the networks that interest you to start building your networks and learning from other members from across the physiotherapy community.
- We also have three diversity networks that offer support to members and influence and impact CSP activities. The networks are: DisAbility; Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME); and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual+ (LGBTQIA+).
And save money
- CSP Charitable Trust. Calls for applications open once a year. Planning to undertake an elective placement (in the UK or overseas) or present at a conference? Plan ahead and apply for funding from the
- The CSP's Public Liability Insurance (PLI) , included in your membership, covers student elective placements in the UK and overseas of up to 180 days duration (except USA, Canada or Australia).
- Order an official CSP student polo shirt - from just £12.
- If you plan to undertake sports massage work while you study, purchase the required sports massage insurance at a price exclusive to CSP Student members.
Enjoy the many offers available to you with CSP Plus, our member-only discounts scheme, from money off your car insurance and gym membership to holiday deals and experience days out.
The Members Benevolent Fund (MBF) assists CSP members experiencing financial hardship. CSP student members can seek support from the MBF after six months of membership. Read about the Fund.
Joined as an Associate Student member?
Good news - you get access to student and associate member benefits, including our full range of trade union guidance and support (should you have an employment issue or concern), legal representation, and insurance specific to your role.