The East Midlands network is managed by volunteer CSP members who organise events and opportunities to connect with other physios near you.
In this video, Katie Knapton, who is active in the South East Coast regional network, explains what she gets out of being part of the network.
What the regional networks offer
CSP regional networks help members connect with others, and make the most of being part of the profession at a local level. Whether that's learning from other’s successes or challenges, promoting the profession in your region or influencing local decision-making – taking an active role in your area strengthens the profession and benefits individual careers too.
Regional networks host a variety of virtual and in-person events throughout the year on topics that are closely aligned to the profession’s strategic aims – so that members get the support, resources and inspiration they need to achieve as professionals and also for the benefit of local services and patients.
The networks also have a presence at the CSP’s Annual Representatives Conference, which enables local issues to be heard on a national platform so that CSP Council can ensure the organisation's work is aligned to the needs of members and patients.
CSP English regional networks play a key role promoting physiotherapy in the region as well as exerting influence on decisions that impact on services regionally and locally. As well as creating an opportunity to network with like-minded professionals, the CSP local events give you a chance to campaign on behalf of the profession and learn some new skills to support you with influencing.
How you can get involved
- Sign up to receive emails from the East Midlands iCSP group – a great way to connect with other local physios and be notified about upcoming events
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- Attend the next in-person or virtual event or watch a recording of a previous event
- Share your ideas for an event. Get in touch if you're interested in presenting at an event or would like to promote an achievement. Email your regional network chair
- Volunteer your time to be a member of your regional network core team. Getting involved with the core team creates many opportunities and is great for your professional development. Email your regional network chair to find out more
Get in touch
Helen Harte is the chair of the East Midlands Regional Network. Helen can be contacted at: email@example.com
Catherine is part of a CSP team of staff who provide a breadth of services to members in the East Midlands covering: campaigning, clinical advice, influencing, employment relations, workplace issues and member engagement.
Find information about upcoming events, recordings of previous CPD sessions and other information about physiotherapy in the area.