Manage your Membership

From changing your name to using the Society's logos, get instant help with the most common membership requests.

Can I claim tax relief on my CSP annual subscription?

As a member of The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy it is possible to claim tax relief on the full annual subscription. This applies to physiotherapists and associate members in related employment. The amount of the subscription paid by an employed member in the tax year can be deducted from the income earned from that employment.


Learn more and apply for a tax receipt online

How do I change my name with the CSP?

To change your name on the CSP membership database, you will need to provide us with a copy of the official documentation that details your name change (eg marriage certificate or deed poll) to the CSP. Please note you will need to attach an electronic copy of documentation proving the change.  This can be either a copy of your marriage or deed poll certificate.  A  scan or photograph will suffice.

Apply online to change your name
Picture of the word change written as skywriting

How can I get a new membership certificate?

There is a charge of £10.00 for a replacement membership certificate for registered members.

To request a new membership certificate, please contact the CSP Enquiries Team (ET). How you contact the ET may depend on your method of payment and whether or not you have an outdated certificate to send back.

How do I change my membership grade?

To convert your membership to a different grade complete our online form or call our Enquiries Team on 020 7306 6666 or email 

How can I get a new metal membership badge?

Replacement metal badges are available to members who are qualified physiotherapists. There is a charge of £25.00 for a replacement badge. Please note that it can take between 4-8 weeks to receive, as they are engraved and sent directly from the manufacturer.

How can I get a membership card?

Membership cards are not routinely sent out by the CSP but you can request one.

Complete this online form to request a membership card

How can I change my bank details?

If you wish to change the bank details please complete our online form and we will send you a Direct Debit mandate form to complete.

Change your Direct Debit details

How can I get a PLI certificate?

If you require a certificate for your Public Liability Insurance please complete our online form.

Requesting a PLI certificate

Can I use the CSP logo?

The CSP lozenge logo (right) can be used by registered CSP members for such items as stationery, websites, plaques and so on. The artwork can be supplied to members via an electronic file. The Enquiries Team will also provide members with the current CSP strapline to be used with the lozenge logo.

Request a copy of the CSP chartered badge

How do I request a letter of good standing?

If you are a registered member of the CSP you can request a letter of good standing online or by post to Enquiries, The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, 3rd Floor South, Chancery Exchange, 10 Furnival Street, London, EC4A 1AB.

You will need to provide the following information in your request:

  1. Full name, (any other previous surname you may have held) and address
  2. Membership number
  3. Why the letter is required

There is no charge for this request.

Request at letter of good standing online form