NHS Professionals announce brand new partnership with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP)
The new partnership, announced officially today 20 May 2022, means that NHS Professionals has the opportunity to share best practices and insights with the CSP and their registered physiotherapists. NHS Professionals champion the importance of physiotherapy within the NHS via flexible working and career development opportunities which are available in a wide range of NHS settings throughout England.
As the leading provider of temporary staff to the NHS, NHS Professionals works with over 50 client NHS Trusts and more than 180,000 Bank Members.
They are fully committed to supporting the NHS to recruit and retain talented people within a flexible, diverse and supportive workforce culture, while offering healthcare professionals greater flexibility and choice in their chosen career.
James Orr, Managing Director at NHS Professionalssaid,
We are enormously proud to have been granted partnership status with the CSP, it is a testament to our ongoing commitment that NHSP is dedicated to supporting the professional development and career pathways of our Bank Members.
Kirsty Fielding, Head of Allied Health Operations at NHS Professionals said,
As an organisation it’s so important for us to partner with professional membership bodies who are so key to our Bank Members professions.
It’s a privilege to partner with the CSP and engage with the physiotherapy community, to promote flexible and sustainable career opportunities to members, whilst demonstrating to our members and client Trusts the dedication we have to the NHS to support service needs.
You can find out more about NHS Professionals and how to join
About NHS Professionals:
- Established in 2001 as a Special Health Authority (SpHA) and then incorporated as a limited company in 2008, NHS Professionals are experts in putting people in places to care within NHS Trusts and the wider healthcare system in England.
- As a critical workforce partner to the NHS, NHS Professionals has over 180,000 registered flexible workers (‘Bank Members’) as of April 2021 – making it the largest provider of flexible workers to the NHS.
- NHS Professionals Bank Members include clinical and non-clinical staff at all grades, working in multiple specialisms from the ward floor to senior leadership levels and helping to grow opportunities to work in the NHS. Locum doctors are represented by the specialist Doctors Direct service. Volume international recruitment is delivered through a dedicated team within NHS Professionals, known as NHS Professionals International.
- The NHS Professionals service approaches staffing with the whole NHS in mind, helping NHS Trusts to address agency costs, maintaining staffing levels and patient care by putting fully qualified and compliant staff in places to care.
- Wholly owned by the Department of Health and Social Care, any operating surplus made by NHS Professionals is re-invested into the wider healthcare economy.