Work-related musculoskeletal disorders present a serious, ongoing threat to the health and wellbeing of all physio staff. Use this resource pack to help safeguard your career.
Top tips for avoiding MSDs
- Recognise your own limits
- Be aware of the risk factors for work-related injury
- Report injuries/symptoms
- Take regular breaks
- Share good practice and knowledge of preventative strategies
- Say ‘no’ to unsafe practice
Download the poster below for more information.
Recently qualified phyisos are especially at risk
Although students and new grads feel they have good training on manual handling, unfortunately they are still vulnerable to getting injured. Read our advice sheet below to learn more about the risks and what can be done to avoid these accidents at work.
Repetitive strain injuries
Work-related upper limb disorders, such as RSI are a leading cause of work related ill-health. Find out how to avoid RSI.
The CSP Guidance on Manual Handling in Physiotherapy
Download the CSP Guidance on Manual Handling in Physiotherapy (4th edition) for authoritative physiotherapy advice on manual handling covering:
- The professional and legal framework
- Risk Management in treatment handling
- Physiotherapists and associates’ education and continuing professional development