'Professionalism' describes the qualities, skills, competence and behaviours you are expected to bring to physiotherapy.
The Health and Care Professions Council is the regulator of health and care professions in the UK.
Within healthcare, professionalism includes:
- working to defined standards and principles
- demonstrating clinical reasoning and decision-making with an evidence base
- managing sensitive information
- considering complex ethical and moral matters
As a CSP member you demonstrate your professionalism by:
- working within the defined regulatory framework of personal and professional standards
- adhering to a moral, ethical and professional code of practice
- demonstrating autonomous practice within the scope of the profession
- maintaining an awareness of individual limitations to scope of practice
- maintaining and developing professional expertise
- delivering a safe and effective service that is caring and compassionate