Sports massage

You will need separate insurance if you want to practice sports massage and you are not a registered physiotherapist


From 1 July 2022, the CSP no longer offers additional sports massage insurance to our student and associate members. You will need separate insurance. Please contact James Hallam or an insurance broker of your choice. 

Qualified physiotherapists, who are HCPC registered and ‘full-practising’ CSP members, do not need separate ‘sports massage’ insurance, when sports massage is offered as part of physiotherapy practice.  

Student Members may undertake sports massage work separate to their physiotherapy studies.

Associate Members may practice sports massage outside of their physiotherapy related work. These membership groups will need additional sports massage insurance.

Further information

The CSP is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to give insurance advice. For specific insurance related enquiries you can contact the CSP insurance brokers:

James Hallam
Saxon House
Duke Street
Essex CM1 1HT

Tel: 01245 321185; 


James Hallam website

Last reviewed: