Find out more about health inequalities and how you can tackle them in your service.
Read and watch these case studies to get inspiration on how to combat health inequalities.
- CSP – Stronger my way: how a service understood and adapted to local need
- NHS England – Making health services work for deprived populations in the North East. Read the case study, and watch the video below:
Use these resources to learn more about health inequalities.
From the CSP:
- Rehabilitation, recovery and reducing health inequity: easing the pain
- Do you know your population?
- Health informatics
From the King's Fund:
- My role in tackling health inequalities: a framework for allied health professionals
- What is a population health approach?
- Health inequalities in a nutshell
From NHS England:
- Allied Health Professions Federation – UK Allied Health Professions Public Health Strategic Framework
- Transformation Partners in Health and Care – Inequalities toolkit
- Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Alliance (ARMA) – MSK health inequalities
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) – Into practice
- Royal College of Physicians – Healthcare data for quality improvement
- Doctors of the World – Registration refused: a study on access to GP registration in England
- Test the reading level of your information for patients with the Flesch Kincaid Calculator
From Health Education England:
- Population Wellbeing Portal
- Making Every Contact Count Programme
- All Our Health Programme
- Health inequalities resources
- Future Learn – Working with People and Communities to Improve Health Outcomes
- Royal Society for Public Health – Health inequalities resources
Find Out More