Physiotherapy journal is indexed, abstracted and/or published online in a variety of media.
The current aims and scope of Physiotherapy journal are to:
- Publish original research and facilitate continuing professional development for physiotherapists and other health professionals worldwide.
- Advance physiotherapy itself through publication of research and scholarly work concerned with, but not limited to, its scientific basis and clinical application, education of practitioners, management of services and policy.
Physiotherapy publishes articles reporting scientific research, systematic or narrative reviews, educational, theoretical or debate articles, brief reports, case histories or single case studies.
All submitted papers should demonstrate methodological rigour. Physiotherapy is peer reviewed by an international panel.
The journal has a long prestigious history: the first edition was published in July 1915 (Vol. 1 No. 1) as the 'Journal of the Incorporated Society of Trained Masseuses'.
Copyright permission requests
Although the CSP owns the copyright of any articles that appear in Physiotherapy, copyright permission requests (e.g. non-commercial reproduction, commercial reproduction, or multiple copy reproduction) are handled by Elsevier (our commercial publishing partner).
For further details regarding how to submit a copyright permission request please see the permissions page on the Elsevier website.
Indexing and online
Physiotherapy journal is indexed, abstracted and/or published online in the following media:
- Thomson Scientific Services:
- Current Contents® - Clinical Medicine
- Journal Citation Reports® - Science Edition
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch®)
- EMBASE Excerpta Medica
- CSA Physical Education Index
- SIRC SPORTDiscus