What can this role offer me?
- By joining us you’ll be stepping away from NHS pressures and demands, as the Island’s healthcare system is similar but separate to the UK NHS
- Developing our team to be the best they can be is important to us and we actively support your own personal career goals, aspirations and development
- You will enjoy competitive annual leave entitlement of 27 days and 10 public holidays
- We have a totally separate tax system here where you'll benefit from low tax rates with a 10% and 20% maximum individual tax rate
- For candidates not on the Isle of Man we will reimburse your interview expenses and give you a relocation package of up to £7,000 to get you, your things and your family to the island. You will also be eligible for housing assistance to help contribute towards your mortgage or rent on the island
- For those relocating or returning to the island you will receive a refund on your national insurance contributions made in your first year, this could be up to £4,000!
- Free car parking at all sites
Join Manx Care as a Band 5 or Band 6 Physiotherapist today to make a real difference to the community of the Isle of Man!
These are rotational roles which means you can put all your learning, training and skills to use in a variety of clinics including orthopaedic in/outpatients, medical and self referral. For the Band 5 roles, you will gain an excellent grounding in some of the core areas of physiotherapy, all the while taking advantage of the excellent development opportunities. For the more experienced Physiotherapists, the Band 6 roles will allow you to manage a specialised caseload of patients as well as supervising and training more junior staff.
About the role and our team
The role consists of six monthly rotations in self-referral, orthopaedic inpatients, orthopaedic outpatients and medical.
In addition, there are lots of opportunities to gain skills in a wide range of clinical areas. You will participate on our on-call rota and will be involved in many areas of service development which continually take place so we can provide the best care to our patients.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
Managing your own caseload of patients providing an efficient and high quality physiotherapy service within different specialist areas
Rotating between clinical areas every 6 months including medical, ITU, surgical, amputees, orthopaedics, rehabilitation and musculoskeletal outpatients.
Consolidating specialist physiotherapy skills in a variety of settings including examination and assessment of patients and delivery of treatment programmes
Setting appropriate and progressive treatment aims, objectives and agree rehabilitation goals, in joint negotiation with patients
Delegating patient treatment programmes to Physiotherapy Assistants and students and monitoring their progress
For the Band 6 posts, you will be required to manage a specialised caseload of patients. You will also supervise, delegate and train junior physiotherapists.
We have an integrated health and social care service, meaning you’ll get to work across the beautiful Island alongside our supportive and friendly team. Our wider team consists of OT's, PT's and Children's Speech and Language Therapists who all work closely together across Outpatient Services, Acute Wards and in Children's Therapy.
About the Island and relocating
Here you can enjoy a fantastic quality of life, and an excellent work-life balance! There are plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities; so if you like walking, mountain biking, sailing or kayaking, you’ll have lots of places to explore!
There are also lots of great cafes, bars and restaurants, and you can enjoy the Island’s real sense of community. The island is well connected to the UK, and you’ll also benefit from low income tax rates (20% maximum rate).
To find out more about the Island and the lifestyle you could enjoy here, take a look at Locate Isle of Man’s guide to moving to the Isle of Man here.
A relocation package of up to £7,000 based on receipts is available for this role.
The Isle of Man Public Service is an equal opportunities employer which supports and promotes flexible working. We understand its benefits in improving work-life balance and supporting health and wellbeing and, in its different forms; it is widespread throughout the Public Service. We are happy to discuss part-time or flexible working arrangements, including job share partnerships, for our roles (where possible) and if interested you should discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
How to apply
Apply online now!