Salary: £27k to £35k plus £2,000 welcome bonus
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Westgate House Care Centre, Tower Road, Ware, Herts SG12 7LP
Are you looking for a dream job in elderly care where you can really make a difference? If so, come and join our family!
Westgate House Care Centre in Ware, Hertfordshire is part of a family run, award winning care home group. We care for elderly residents with a variety of nursing needs. Though our home is 109 beds, we have a 20 bedded Intermediate Care Unit complete with a private rehabilitation gym facility. We are looking for a Physiotherapist to join our fantastic multidisciplinary team. You will be expected to work closely with your fellow team members to support our elderly residents, usually discharged from hospital, to rehabilitate and return home with the right care package.
In the role you will manage your own group of residents and will be expected to use specialist Physiotherapy techniques to facilitate rehabilitation. As part of the team you will also provide leadership to the junior therapy assistants and will contribute to developing, supervising and appraising them. You will work collaboratively with internal and external professionals, including Occupational Therapists, Doctors, Social Workers and so on, meeting regularly and sharing information to help our residents achieve their goals.
Westgate House is located in close proximity to the town of Ware, offering numerous local shops and amenities and easy access to Ware railway station. We have a friendly team and we believe in kindness, compassion and innovation. We will listen to your ideas and work with you to help you be the best that you can be! We also offer a great benefits package, training and development opportunities and a positive working environment.
Why not take a look at what our residents say about us on carehome.co.uk?
We are looking for a passionate Physiotherapist who will be involved in:
- Effectively managing a caseload of Service Users requiring rehabilitation from their initial assessment on arrival to creating individual care plans and delivering an individualised treatment programme for each resident
- Agreeing goals with Service Users and care team appropriately and planning timely, safe discharge including measures to enable ongoing management/care
- Liaising with health and social care colleagues and attending multi-disciplinary meetings and case reviews
- Using reflective practice as a tool for continuing professional development
- Maintaining effective communication by providing and receiving clear and accurate information, orally, in writing and electronically
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Degree in Physiotherapy and registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Good knowledge of Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) / Chartered Society of Physiotherapy codes of practice
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Previous experience in a care home environment or in working with the elderly is desirable but not essential
- Applicants must have a desire to care for others and be compassionate and flexible
For further information or to request a full job description, please call our recruitment line on 0800 024 8756
Visit our website: www.westgatehc.co.uk
E-mail us at: email@example.com