- Free Parking
- Competitive Salary - £28,000 - 30,000
- Company mobile & laptop (or phone allowance)
- CPD & further qualifications support
Northampton Town FC are seeking a Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine who will be reponsibile for the proviions of Sports Sicence and Medicine for all Academy players from U9-U18’s.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- To lead the delivery of the Sports Science & Medicine Programme for all academy age groups from U9-U18.
- To Lead Full Time Sports Scientist as required.
- To ensure that appropriate and comprehensive medical notes are completed
- To ensure that coaching staff are made aware of all injuries sustained by players and the progress of such players at appropriate stages.
- To contribute towards the achievement of department KPI’s
- Responsible for ensuring the medical department is meeting EFL rules and mandatory requirements.
- To liaise on a regular basis with the first team medical staff to link academy players into the first team environment. To support the first team medical staff if needed and to support and manage the transition with the first and second-year professionals.
To also be responsible to:
- The Academy Manager on medical matters affecting Academy players
- The Academy Coaches in relation to players, their injury status and prevention of injury strategies
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registered Physiotherapist
- FA Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football (ITMMIF) (Level 4) qualification
- Previous experience in a similar role within an elite paediatric sporting environment
- Be able to communicate to the highest level
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, reliability and the ability to ensure confidentiality at all time
- Friendly, well organized with the ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure
- Possess strong time management skills and have a flexible approach to work
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Completed FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
- Experience of using PMA system
- Knowledge of EPPP in relation to a Category 3 academy
- Additional requirements that would be ideal but not a requirement for shortlisting. For example:
- Therapist experience within a football environment
- Hold a full driving license
Northampton Town FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check and the receipt of satisfactory references are a requirement of the role.
This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and checks against the Barred Lists and is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
Please see attached vacancy details for any further information.
How to apply
Northampton Town FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- To apply for the Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine role please email email@example.com Academy Operations Manager with a covering letter and a CV.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
- Closing Date: 24 February 2020
- Interviews: Will be arranged upon receipt of applications