Firstly, congratulations if you’ve become a new workplace rep. You are the voice of the CSP at work and you are doing a vital job for members in your workplace
We recognise that understanding equality law can feel daunting, however we have a wide range of resources to help you get up to speed on the Equality Act 2010 and equality legislation in Northern Ireland.
- Check out the new CSP equality and diversity bitesize guides – a vital resource for you in your role as rep.
- Sign up to the ‘equalities in the workplace’ moodle – designed by the CSP training team and available via the e-learning section on the CSP website.
- Introduce yourself to other CSP reps in your employer – this is key to developing in your rep role at work and building relationships. Reps have a wide range of experience and will be able to offer support and advice.
- Sign up to the national CSP rep induction course and your regional training days. These are key learning points for you. You will have information on these via email and iCSP.
- Attend regular check-ins with your CSP senior negotiating officer. Your SNO will set up regular catch ups with you to discuss your case work and offer advice. These meetings are a central tool to help you feel more confident and steadier in your role.
Find Out More
Number of subscribers: 1