The University of Portsmouth Physiotherapy (pre-registration) MSc programme allows students with a relevant undergraduate degree and healthcare knowledge to become qualified physiotherapists. The University of Portsmouth is recognised as providing excellent teaching as well as being a great place to live. So why come and study physiotherapy on the sunny south coast?
- Graduates from the University of Portsmouth will be inspired, motivated and well-rounded holistic physiotherapists. Our programme provides a sound knowledge of contemporary physiotherapy practice, taught by physiotherapists still working in clinical roles.
- We do not underestimate the importance of learning through experience and we have a strong focus on hands-on teaching. In addition, our students go on placement in their first term at university. This enables them to start experiencing the job first-hand from an early stage in their learning.
- We offer students a diverse range of placement opportunities within the NHS and private sector. We have strong links with placement providers including specialist NHS services, private neurorehabilitation and elite sport.
- The University of Portsmouth Physiotherapy (pre-registration) MSc programme sits in the School of Sport, Health and Exercise Science. This provides us with a unique opportunity for interdisciplinary learning and research. We feel passionately about the importance of movement and exercise for all people, regardless of their health history and physical ability. Students have the opportunity to work with staff from other disciplines for their final year research project, as well as get involved in research going on in the School.
- The School of Sport, Health and Exercise Science has state of the art equipment and facilities for students to use in their teaching sessions and research projects. We also benefit from close links with the School of Health and Care Professions, allowing students to benefit from the expertise and facilities offered by this School too.