What you study
- Underpinning knowledge for good practice; anatomy, pathophysiology and therapeutic skills for assessment and treatment in the core therapeutic areas.
- Psychological and sociological factors in health.
- Important elements for professional practice and academic success.
- Research and the use of an evidence base in practice.
- Clinical based practice placements, leading to management of a caseload.
- Further advancement of practice techniques and complex cases in the core therapeutic areas.
- Introduction to the systems and management of healthcare.
- Interprofessional learning throughout the course.
Material is taught in lectures and seminars, with skills developed in practical group work and clinical placements. Learning is supported by on-line facilities and by personal tutor support.
How you are assessed
Assessment is mainly by coursework, practical competency demonstration, viva voce, presentation or by occasional unseen examination.
Please contact the University directly for current entry requirements.
How to apply