Five reasons to study this programme at the Cardiff University
- Physiotherapy graduates from Cardiff University are highly sought after as employees due to their broad clinical placement experience across the multiple locations, specialities and demographics of the whole of Wales.
- All Cardiff Physiotherapy students partake in clinical placements in all of the core areas of physiotherapy – Musculoskeletal, Cardiorespiratory, Neurological and Community based settings; as well as many other diverse speciality settings including sports, women’s health, paediatrics, mental health and private practice.
- Students build their knowledge in Year 1 and early Year 2 before starting their clinical placement journey. This facilitates full participation on each placement and encourages active student learning in all environments from Day 1 of placement.
- Currently, all places on the Cardiff University Physiotherapy programme are funded by the Welsh Government meaning tuition fees and additional placement costs are covered, subject to graduates committing to work in Wales for two years.
- Students consistently rate their experiences as excellent – due in part to the high quality and diverse nature of teaching and learning activities both in university and out on clinical placement, but also because of the wide ranging alternative opportunities for engagement with the local community presented to them.
Programme Manager: Jill Morgan