Get funding help for your conference presentation from the CSP Charitable Trust.
What is the Conference and Presentation award?
The C&P Award, financed by the CSP Charitable Trust was set up to:
- fund qualified, associate or student members normally residing in the UK, who wish to contribute to a national conference or meeting relevant to, but outside the domain of physiotherapy
- fund qualified, associate or student members wishing to contribute to an overseas physiotherapy-specific/relevant or interdisciplinary international conference/meeting
- this category includes focused symposia and poster abstract presentations at the World Confederation of Physical Therapy Congress (for platform abstract presentations at WCPT please see the Robert Williams International Award)
- fund those contributing to a physiotherapy or interdisciplinary international conference in the UK
It also supports members presenting papers for the first time at peer-reviewed, national physiotherapy conferences held in the UK, including Physiotherapy UK.
To be eligible for consideration, members should be:
- invited as lecturers, keynote speakers or clinical demonstrators directly by the host but only part-funded or unfunded by their hosts. This letter of invitation must be provided in advance of the assessment of the application, retrospective letters will not be accepted - or -
- have had papers accepted for presentation, but who are only part-funded or unfunded by their employer/institution/other sources.
If you are applying retrospectively, applications for funding should be made within 12 months of the last date of the conference
Funding will only be allocated to the lead presenter at a conference. Where funding is sought for more than one presenter for the same presentation, whether on the same or a separate application form, only one award will be allocated. In such cases, the award may be split between the relevant number of presenters at their discretion.
The maximum amount awarded for a successful application will be £1,500.
Given the current unsettled financial climate due to COVID-19, including uncertainty around many educational courses and educational opportunities, the Charitable Trust has taken the decision to postpone the Autumn Education Awards for 2020. We plan to review the situation later in the year and will explore options open to us at that stage. We are aware that this will be disappointing for potential applicants. While this has not been an easy decision, the Trust feels this is a sensible way forward at the moment.