- Competitive Salary
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- 33 days holiday including public holidays pro rata
- Funding contribution for Professional Memberships
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Regular team/company social events (under regular operating circumstances)
- Access to expert clinicians across multiple disciplines
HCML was established in 2003 and is a leading service provider in the rehabilitation and case management arena. Providing services to the insurance, corporate and legal sectors, HCML assists injured and ill individuals to recover and return to work or their pre-injury condition. We are passionate about ensuring that everyone who requires rehabilitation in the UK has access to quality, effective, co-ordinated services. We deliver added value to our clients by facilitating both speedy recovery and strong clinical outcomes, including managing appropriate treatment and care.
Job Title: Clinical Supervisor – Treatment Services
Location: Initially home-based until business return to office in 2021. Then, office-based in Bristol city centre.
Hours: Full time. Standard business hours.
Salary: £31,000 – £35,000 (FTE) dependant on experience
Reports To: Head of Treatment Services
Closing Date: Thursday 21st January 2021
An exiting new opportunity has arisen in our Treatment Services team for a Clinical Supervisor. Working in conjunction with the Head of Treatment Services and the Medical Director, you will be responsible for overseeing the clinical quality of all activities completed by the team.
Treatment Services is a fast-growing team within HCML and this is a new role designed to bring a full-time permanent clinical supervisor into the team with direct responsibility for the clinical quality of the services we provide.
This is a new role and gives the successful applicant the chance to shape the clinical governance and oversight of the Treatment Services team. Initially you will also be expected to carry a small caseload of your own to give you first-hand experience of our most complex cases but the role will expand as the team continues to grow giving you the chance to grow with it.
We are looking for a driven and determined individual keen to stamp their vision over this new role and this developing service.
- Clinical supervision, training, guidance and support to all non-clinical members of the Treatment Services team
- Oversight of our Specialist Services (specialist consultations, surgeries, diagnostic imaging) quotation service
- Completion of clinical quality audits
- Recommendation of process improvement
- Escalation point for all clinical complaints
- Review of complex cases
- Identification of exception cases, taking remedial action and ensuring treatment is provided in line with best practice
- Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure all activities are clinically robust
- Effectively manage an open casebook of some of our most complex cases
The role requires applicants to be self-driven, possess high levels of organisation, written & verbal communication, and attention to detail in a busy, clinical and customer service environment. The role would suit an experienced clinician who is looking to apply themselves in a lead, supervisory role, and who is eager to contribute to shaping the future of our service delivery, developing service governance and management skills in the process.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be a Physiotherapist clinically qualified to Degree Level, be professionally accredited, and registered with an appropriate national body. HCPC and CSPregistered, without restrictions
- Experience with providing clinical supervision
- Previous clinical governance experience (desirable)
- Previous stakeholder management experience (desirable)
- Experienced in communicating clinical ideas and concepts to non-clinicians
- Previous hands-on clinical experience
- Highly developed analytical and clinical reasoning skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Ability to work flexibly, as a team and independently, and to build effective relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Able to critically assess clinical performance and support others to improve outcomes or performance
- Ability to identify trends and to appropriately develop educational materials to support effective outcomes across a team
- Eagerness to commit to continued professional development and the skill to widely influence other clinicians
- Comfortable with data analysis and insight generation
If you’re excited by this opportunity and feel that you’re a good fit for the role and to HCML’s vision, please contact us for further information. When applying, please provide a cover letter that details primary reasons for your application and an overview of your relevant experience as per the person specification.
HCML is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
How to apply
Please apply by submitting your cv and covering letter via HCML's careers website, which can be accessed on the following link: