Coventry University Group is a global education group with a mission of Creating Better Futures. Driven by our passion and belief that through education, equity, and innovation our students, people, and communities are empowered to transform their lives and the world around them. Our people are the key to our success and each role within the group plays a key role in shaping the world around us.
The School of Health and Care delivers an extensive range of undergraduate and post graduate courses for professionals working in health and social care settings including; nursing, midwifery, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, dietetics, paramedic science, operating department practice, diagnostic radiography, clinical psychology and public health. We also have a large portfolio of CPD courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels including Advanced Clinical Practice, Independent prescribing and Global Healthcare Management.
PeoplesFuture Ltd (a sister company of Coventry University) provides a sector leading, dedicated inclusive service to Coventry University Group students supporting their successful global education experience and graduate employment outcomes. Tailoring our service to each students’ individual needs and career aspirations, we are an integral part of the student journey that starts at enrolment and continues beyond graduation.
Our dedicated Teaching Fellow team are subject specialists focused on delivering student education, which is active, social, applied, and inclusive within our vibrant and varied education environment.
As a Teaching Fellow in Physiotherapy, you will undertake teaching and course co ordination while supporting the development and delivery of undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional programs and other core activities ensuring students have an effective learning experience.
Based within the School of Health and Care you will work closely with other academic colleagues to enrich the student learning and teaching experience to ensure, as appropriate, relevant aspects of research, enterprise and professional context are embedded in modules and courses.
- Teach on modules and courses for Physiotherapy in relevant academic subject areas including curation, adaptation and creation of module teaching materials, delivering a variety of types of students and apprenticeship learning sessions and supporting learners as appropriate through informal and formal communication throughout teaching semesters.
- To contribute to the assessment within the courses including practice based learning.
- To work collaboratively with the Course Teams to bring together creative and innovative approaches to the design and delivery of Physiotherapy Education.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate subject or Honours Degree with appropriate professional qualification and/or membership
- HCPC Physiotherapy registrant
- A teaching qualification or acceptance of the requirement to acquire one if not already held
- Active membership of an appropriate professional body would be advantageous.
Our Successful Candidate
You will have demonstrable experience of successful teaching within Physiotherapy Practice including practice based learning and informal settings with high standards of teaching, learning and student engagement consistent with our reputation and track record as a high-quality provider of teaching and learning.
Enthusiastic and self-motivated, you will have experience supporting, enhancing and engaging in an ‘active learning’ pedagogy with evidence in proactively supporting success in learning.
As a global education provider, experience and awareness of learners cultural differences and expectations with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds is essential.
Innovation and collaboration are key to our success, therefore the ability to work both independently and part of a wider team with the willingness to engage in flexible ways of working are key skills required for this role.
Along with a competitive salary we offer an industry leading Rewards and Benefits package which includes:
- Excellent Employers Pension Contribution
- 30 days Annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- New Holiday Purchase Scheme up to 5 additional days
- Life Assurance 4x Salary
- BUPA Cash Plan
- 50% off Tuition Fee’s for staff dependants
- CU Reward Scheme – Discounts across a range of High Street/ Online Retailers
- New Electric Car Scheme
- Cycle To Work scheme
As a global Education Group, equality, diversity, and inclusion are embedded within the fabric of our organisation and are a key focus of our core values. We harness the power and potential of the diverse cultures, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences of our students, colleagues, and partners to create opportunities for all.
Full Job Description & Person Specification
How to apply
All applicants need to complete the application form in full, provide a CV and cover letter detailing how they meet the person specification and current remuneration.
If you believe you have the skills, experience and attributes required and would like to informally discuss this role further, please contact – Dr Kim Stuart firstname.lastname@example.org