Coventry University Group is a global education group with a mission of Creating Better Futures. Driven by our passion and belief that through education, equity, and innovation our students, people, and communities are empowered to transform their lives and the world around them. Our people are the key to our success and each role within the group plays a key role in shaping the world around us.
PeoplesFuture Ltd (a sister company of Coventry University) provides a sector leading, dedicated inclusive service to Coventry University Group students supporting their successful global education experience and graduate employment outcomes. Tailoring our service to each students’ individual needs and career aspirations, we are an integral part of the student journey that starts at enrolment and continues beyond graduation.
Our dedicated Teaching Fellow team are subject specialists focused on delivering student education, which is active, social, applied, and inclusive within our vibrant and varied education environment.
As a Teaching Fellow in in post qualifying education with a focus on enhanced level practice based at the Coventry University campus you will undertake teaching and course co-ordination while supporting the development and delivery of undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional programs and other core activities ensuring students have an effective learning experience.
Based within the School of Health and Care you will work closely with other academic colleagues to enrich the student learning and teaching experience to ensure, as appropriate, relevant aspects of research, enterprise and professional context are embedded in modules and courses.
- Teach on modules and courses including the new provision for enhanced level practice in relevant academic subject areas including curation, adaptation and creation of module teaching materials, delivering a variety of types of students and apprenticeship learning sessions and supporting learners as appropriate through informal and formal communication throughout teaching semesters.
- To contribute to the assessment within the courses including work based learning
- To work collaboratively with the Course Teams to bring together creative and innovative approaches to the design and delivery of post qualifying education for health and care professionals.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate subject with appropriate professional qualification and/or membership
- HCPC or NMC registration is essential
- A teaching qualification or acceptance of the requirement to acquire one if not already held
- Active membership of an appropriate professional body would be advantageous.
Our Successful Candidate
You will have demonstrable experience of successful teaching registrant professionals within health and care including practice based learning and informal settings with high standards of teaching, learning and student engagement consistent with our reputation and track record as a high-quality provider of teaching and learning.
Enthusiastic and self-motivated, you will have experience supporting, enhancing and engaging in an ‘active learning’ pedagogy with evidence in proactively supporting success in learning.
As a global education provider, experience and awareness of learners cultural differences and expectations with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds is essential.
Innovation and collaboration are key to our success, therefore the ability to work both independently and part of a wider team with the willingness to engage in flexible ways of working are key skills required for this role.