- Salary range £35,392 to £42,618 p.a. (FTE)
- 30 hours per week.
- 25 days annual leave (FTE), plus bank holidays.
- 7% workplace pension scheme.
- Free access to onsite gym.
- Free parking.
- Healthcare cash-back scheme.
- CPD opportunities.
Specialist Physiotherapist – Learning Disabilities (Band 6)
We are seeking an experienced specialist physiotherapist to work in collaboration with the people we support, their network of care, mainstream health services and The Meath’s multi-disciplinary team to enhance, optimise and maintain our residents’ physical presentation, function and quality of life, in conjunction with a physiotherapy assistant.
About the Role:
We believe in providing outstanding care to our residents. Our ambition is to be recognised as an outstanding epilepsy specialist provider by offering exceptional clinical expertise and the highest quality of care and support. You will be responsible for providing specialist assessment, initial intervention, treatment and management of adults with epilepsy and associated learning disabilities.
- To provide clinical assessment and intervention to Meath residents, supported by a physiotherapy assistant.
- To monitor, evaluate and modify intervention to measure progress.
- To conduct risk assessments and risk management plans, including moving and handling.
- To prepare and submit written reports, including contributions to the multi-disciplinary team.
- To keep up to date with current and new manual handling and therapeutic handling techniques.
- To guide and support staff in physiotherapy and manual handling programmes.
Job Purpose: You will work in collaboration with the individual, their network of care, mainstream health services and The Meath’s multi-disciplinary team to enhance, optimise and maintain the individual’s physical presentation, function and quality of life, in conjunction with a physiotherapy assistant. You will also provide support and training to colleagues with regard to physiotherapy intervention.
To see the full job description here.
How to apply
As part of the employment process, applicants will be subject to a DBS check. The Meath Epilepsy Charity is an equal opportunities employer.
Please submit your CV, along with a supporting statement to evidence how you meet the person specification. Please include your interest and motivation in applying for this position.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Catherine Agca, Operations Manager email@example.com