Senior Physiotherapist – Paediatrics
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington, London, SW5 0TU
Permanent, full time, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday with some flexibility to accommodate earlier morning or later afternoon appointments to reflect the needs of the patient
£44,500 – £48,613 plus fantastic benefits
At Bupa, you’ll have the freedom to develop new lines of care, with the flexibility and development opportunities to push your career further.
As a Therapist, you’ll be eager to continue learning and building skills while working with talented colleagues.
We are recruiting for a Senior Paediatric Physiotherapist to provide client-centred and evidence-based assessments, treatment and discharge planning to a varied paediatric caseload of children. They have varied needs including diagnoses of an orthopaedic, musculoskeletal, developmental, and neurological nature and may occasionally include standard respiratory care.
Treating both inpatients and outpatients, this post also includes fitting of equipment for example crutches and braces as well as related staff training within your scope.
What you’ll do:
- Use reflective practise and clinical reasoning in undertaking specialist assessments in order to provide an individualised treatment programme for each child in your care.
- Act as a resource of specialist advice for patients, clients and colleagues within the scope of your experience and knowledge and participate in the overall day to day management and development of the Therapy Department.
- Provide a client-centred and evidence-based service to an inpatient and outpatient caseload which mostly consists of children with orthopaedic and musculoskeletal conditions, but may also include neurodevelopmental, neurological or respiratory referrals.
- Work flexibly during the week to accommodate before and after school appointments for patients, within reason. You will have an opportunity to participate in the ad-hoc paediatric weekend service.
- Establish and maintain efficient communication within the multi-disciplinary team (both internal and external). This includes verbal, non-verbal or written communication, both in expression and active listening, to facilitate accurate comprehension of information.
- Participate in the overall day to day management and development of the Therapy Department and your area of speciality to ensure an efficient and safe service for all.
What you’ll bring:
- Degree/Diploma in Physiotherapy
- HCPC registration and CSP membership
- Proven experience as a Paediatric Physiotherapist in the fields of orthopaedic, musculoskeletal, neurodevelopmental and neurological conditions
- Experience of using standardised assessments and outcome measures in Paediatrics.
- Familiarity in issuing and fitting of equipment
- Good timekeeping but prepared to be flexible
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Confidence and enthusiasm
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
These benefits have been carefully crafted to really make a difference to our people’s lives, supporting a work-life balance whilst keeping focus on mental and physical wellbeing:
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Enhanced pension and life insurance
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- Option to join dental insurance scheme at a discounted rate
- Access to our Digital GP platform on you mobile
- Emotional wellbeing support
- Access to family mental health line
- Financial wellbeing channels
- Support for carers
Diversity and Inclusion:
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.
Get in touch or apply today. For a confidential chat please email email@example.com within our Recruitment team where we can answer any questions and if interested, arrange an informal site visit.