Civil Service pension scheme
25 days annual leave
The Royal Hospital Chelsea is a historic institution providing sheltered accommodation and full nursing care where necessary for some 300 veterans from the British Army, known as In-Pensioners.
We are looking for a Senior Physiotherapist to cover maternity leave. The successful candidate will be responsible for their own caseload within their speciality area as an autonomous practitioner. In doing so, they will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate patient centred programmes of care to a specialist level ensuring that they practice within their sphere of competence and knowledge. The post holder will work to professional and regulatory body codes, standards and guidance always ensuring that their practice is grounded in evidence based theoretical and practical knowledge. The post holder will support and manage junior team members and report directly to Matron
• To manage and be responsible for the physiotherapy caseload of the Pensioners as required, including prioritisation as indicated.
• To undertake new and ongoing comprehensive assessments of pensioners with physical impairment or functional disabilities or who are newly admitted to the Royal Hospital Chelsea utilising both standardised and non-standardised assessment tools; continuously re-assess pensioners for changing needs and goals.
• To provide relevant education to patients/pensioners, family and staff as appropriate to ensure high quality care.
• To work in close collaboration with all members of the multi-disciplinary team and communicate with relevant members of the MDT re referrals/treatment plans/pensioner progress/education and discharge. Attend and contribute to internal multidisciplinary meetings. Senior physio’s are also to monitor the workload of and offer support to junior staff members.
• To assess and manage clinical risk factors with individual pensioners as indicated
• To ensure consent to treatment is gained before each intervention and maintain resident’s privacy, dignity and choice at all times.
• To collate appropriate statistical data in accordance with departmental procedure and to produce reports as requested to capture performance targets and clinical governance.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV to humanresource@chelsea-pensioners,org.uk.