Salary up to £45,000 and generous benefits package
About the role
Second Skin has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist to join our busy team in our London office in Gospel Oak. Our services include the assessment, prescription and manufacture of custom-made dynamic splints for paediatric, adolescent and adult clients with neurological and medical conditions and custom-made compression garments for clients with trauma, burns, lymphoedema and vascular conditions.
We are looking for an individual who is flexible, innovative, passionate about delivering exceptional client care and has a focus on continuous improvement. The role has a strong emphasis on clinical reasoning, assessment skills and a client centred approach. It is not a sales-based position.
For over 30 years Second Skin has been a leader in the prescription, design and manufacture of custom-made dynamic splints and compression garments for clients with a range of neurological, medical and traumatic conditions.
We proudly work with health care providers, clients and their families to deliver the best products and services and empower our clients to be the best they can be.
To find out more about Second Skin, please visit our website www.secondskin.com.au.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate must be able to work independently and alongside the therapy, design and production teams both in the office and remotely. The role will be assisted by dedicated administrative support and therapy assistants. You will have the opportunity for professional development, including in-house training and supervision and support to attend relevant CPD activities. There is also an option for work from home for part of the week.
Second Skin can provide visa sponsorship to the successful applicant if required.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing a clinical caseload, assessing, measuring, prescribing, fitting, and reviewing custom-made dynamic splints for neurological conditions and compression garments for burns, trauma and lymphoedema clients
- Working closely with the Clinic Coordinators to plan and organise client clinics
- Providing consultative and educational support to health care professionals
- Visiting regional centres across the UK and Ireland to hold clinics and support local health professionals
Work hours & benefits:
- Generous base salary dependent on experience
- Full time preferred but part time or sessional work at regional clinics considered
- Opportunities to travel within the UK and Ireland
- Additional payment of daily clinic allowance for overnight stays
- Professional development allowance
- Opportunity to be involved in research
- Working with a close, dedicated and ambitious clinical team
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy and/or eligible for professional registration in the UK
- Some experience working with paediatric and/or adult clients with neurological conditions is desirable
- An interest in developing skills working with lymphoedema, burns, traumatic injuries, vascular conditions, and other medical needs
- An ability to travel overnight to attend clinics out of London
- Up to 2 days homeworking arrangement after one month
- Current driver’s license
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to Denise Hendry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must apply directly and recruitment agency applications are not accepted.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.