- CPD support: In house training courses, CPD evenings, support with external courses
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- Journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Work life balance
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- You’re paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme, based upon company performance
- Discounts on Bupa products
- Free health assessment every 2 years
- Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
- Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
- Bupa Boost app
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age
Senior Physiotherapist Oncology
Bupa Cromwell Hospital, Kensington
Full time, 37.50 hours per week
Salary: £36000pa to £39612pa depending on experience and qualifications.
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state-of-the-art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
We are recruiting for a Senior Physiotherapist within Oncology to work at Bupa Cromwell Hospital, which is an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. You shall provide assessment, treatment and discharge planning to a caseload of adults diagnosed with cancer and with varied and often complex needs.
- You will receive referrals for both in and outpatients from the wards (including ITU), radiotherapy, outpatient consultant and GP clinics as well as via external routes.
- Provide a client-centred and evidence-based service to the patients which will include rehabilitation, discharge arrangements and respiratory needs.
- Establish and maintain efficient communication within the multi-disciplinary team (both internal and external) to ensure a holistic and complete duty of care. This includes verbal, non-verbal or written communication, both in expression and active listening, to facilitate accurate comprehension of information.
- Participate in the on-call rota for patients suffering appropriate respiratory symptoms and conditions.
- Practise as an autonomous and accountable professional using reflective practise and clinical reasoning in undertaking specialist assessment in order to provide an individualised treatment programme for each patient.
- Be involved in the overall day to day management and development of the Therapy Department and your area of speciality to ensure an efficient and safe service for all.
- Join in with hospital and departmental processes that support and encourage professional and personal development of yourself and your colleagues.
- Participate in discharge planning and liaise with external agencies in order to ensure a discharge that is safe and supportive of the patient’s ongoing care and rehabilitation needs. This could include access home assessments within our locality.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive and timely patient treatment records and reports in line with local and national requirements for best management of the patient.
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registration
- CSP Membership
- Broad experience at Band 5/6 level including oncology, complex rehabilitation and acute respiratory caseloads
- Some experience and a definite interest in oncology and related issues
- Recent or current Respiratory on call experience
- Recent acute hospital experience