Key Employee Benefits
- As a fixed term contracted employee you will be entitled to generous holiday and leave arrangements, a personal CPD budget for your own development, local in-service and development program, flexible pension options, and Private healthcare.
- For more information on all of our benefits please see our website.
- Nuffield Health is committed to equal opportunities in the recruitment, training, and development of our employees.
- We have a duty to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for disclosure on successful candidates.
- We may change the closing date if we receive a high number of responses for this role.
Nuffield Health is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Physiotherapist to join the team at Exeter Nuffield Hospital, within the outpatient and triage teams.
You will confidently assess and treat a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions from sports and workplace related injuries to orthopaedic surgical rehab; and will play a key role in helping our patients achieve, maintain and recover to the level of health and wellbeing that they aspire to. As part of your senior role you will also do a minimum of 12 hours of telephone triage, screening calls, conducting verbal assessments to determine treatment options and referrals.
The role is based in the Exeter Nuffield Hospital physiotherapy outpatient department where you can treat your patients utilising gym equipment and a range of rehabilitation facilities. You will work within a multidisciplinary team including admin staff, assistants, medical professionals and other allied health clinicians to optimise the recovery of our patients.
We believe in our employees and to help you develop your skills and progress your career in Nuffield Health you will be supported by a Regional Clinical Lead Physiotherapist (RCL), have protected CPD time, access to a local in-service training program and training events organised by the Nuffield Health Academy including both clinical and leadership courses.
As Nuffield Health continues to grow you can choose to develop your career within clinical roles or by moving into managerial positions. We support and encourage post-graduate education and have formed a partnership with Manchester Metropolitan University which will offer fantastic learning and research opportunities in the future.
About the Role
You will need to prove your ability to deliver high quality, effective clinical care. We strongly adhere to our values and beliefs at Nuffield Health, encouraging behaviour which is enterprising, passionate, independent and caring.
The role would suit individuals with a desire of making a positive impact across a large workforce, while looking to create & build client relationships within a corporate setting.
We encourage flexible working, which can include telephone triage working from home and flexibility with outpatient shift patterns.
The Main Clinical Duties and Responsibilities are to:
- Deliver excellent clinical care that is evidence based, Safe, Effective, Caring, Well-led and responsive to our patient’s needs.
- Ensure on-going monitoring of the standard of treatment provided
- Be compliant with all professional, clinical and integrated governance standards and participate in clinical audit and other quality assurance processesYour Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Values:
- A BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy degree or equivalent and a minimum of three years employed experience.
- You will be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- You will have CSP membership.
- You will have evidence of further professional training and continual professional development, reflecting your desire to develop as a practitioner.
- Any experience and qualifications of Pilates, Yoga, Cardiac Rehab and/or acupuncture is desirable but not essential.
- You’ll be a confident communicator with the ability to engage effectively with the general public and other healthcare professionals. With a commitment to the use of evidence-based practice, you’ll also be able to demonstrate excellent manual therapy skills.
- We expect you to be a competent and confident IT user and to be well organised – you’ll have the ability to prioritise and deal with your varied workload in an effective and timely manner.
It’s equally important that you share our values. We believe in putting people first and providing personalised, holistic healthcare. That makes you part of a much wider team, working to create a healthier future for each individual client.
Why Nuffield Health?
At Nuffield Health, we help people live life to the full – not only our patients and clients, but our employees too. With our support, training, generous benefits package and respect for balance, you too can make the most of everything in life.
This is an exciting time for us and it could be for you too. Our vision will help individuals achieve, maintain and recover to the level of health and wellbeing that they aspire to.