Founded in 1970, BMI Healthcare is the largest private hospital group in the UK with approximately 9500 employees across 56 hospitals and treatment centres.
BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is the group’s flagship site and boasts our largest and busiest Outpatient Physiotherapy Department.
Due to a recent expansion of services The Alexandra Hospital Outpatient Physiotherapy Department is going through some exciting changes and is looking to recruit an ambitious full-time (37.5hrs) Musculoskeletal Outpatient Senior 2 Physiotherapist. (This would be the equivalent to an Agenda for Change Band 6 Physiotherapist in the NHS.)
What are we looking for?
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Chartered Physiotherapist with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience;
- 12 months Musculoskeletal Outpatient experience;
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP);
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC);
- Knowledge of CSP and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice;
- Understanding of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements;
- Ability to flex hours of work to meet service provision demands, including evening and Saturday working.
The post holder’s duties will include:
- Provision of physiotherapy assessment and management to the highest standard in a timely fashion;
- Ensuring clinical skills are kept up to date via continued professional development;
- Communicating appropriately with other healthcare workers, especially consultants, involved in the care of the patient;
- Supporting the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the patient;
- Acting as an advocate for safeguarding patients;
- Ability to speak up when there are concerns about care.
Why come and work for us?
In addition to having a proven track record in customer service (95% of BMI Alexandra Hospital patients say that they would recommend us to their family and friends) BMI Healthcare also has a strong commitment to creating a safe and caring work environment for all of their employees. Consequently, as well as being supported by a comprehensive training programme led by a team of vastly experienced and friendly clinicians, you will also have access to the following benefits:
- Private medical cover;
- Discounted private medical cover for immediate family;
- Private pension
- Life insurance;
- Free staff car parking at BMI Alexandra;
- Access to BMI Physiotherapy Training programme
- Staff discount at the hospital restaurant;
- 20% discount for hospital treatment for friends and family;
- Car leasing & cycle to work schemes.
For more details or to arrange a visit please contact Ashley Lindsey (Deputy Clinical Services Manager Physiotherapy Outpatients) or Paul Harrison (Clinical Services Manager Physiotherapy):