BMI Sarum Road Hospital in Winchester is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior 1 Physiotherapist to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a PART time role for 15 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
An opportunity to join an energetic and enthusiastic team delivering excellent care and developing a busy outpatient department that allows excellent job satisfaction and enabling new skills development.
The hospital is highly dependent on an effective outpatient/inpatient physiotherapy department and the opportunity to develop the orthopaedic/spinal, womens' health areas is on the 2018/2019 agenda. The training programme is highly regarded and fully supported by the management team.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Chartered Physiotherapist Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Knowledge of CSP and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools.
- Degree level educated, or equivalent.
Duties of this role include:
- To manage a clinical caseload, providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard. Ensuring excellent patient care is promoted within the hospital.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
For this position BMI Healthcare offers a maximum salary of £34,125pa with an actual salary of £13,650. Alongside this we also provide access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.