WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
We are a start-up with everything that brings. You will need to be ready to deal with uncertainty and must feel comfortable adapting quickly and managing independently. You will have the opportunity to play a key role in shaping the future of Onko and create opportunities for your own development as we grow.
- You will work with an amazing and passionate team
- Opportunities to be involved in research and contribute to publications
- We offer a flexible working environment so you can work from wherever you work best, when you need to
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and 5 days unpaid leave (pro rata)
- A competitive salary and share options package
- Ongoing learning and support and access to an annual allowance to spend on developing your skills.
- Cycle to work and tech scheme
Remote p/rehabilitation Physiotherapist
Health-Tech Start-up | London, GB
Hours: Part-time or full-time role
Start date: ASAP
Onko is the first digital health coaching service for people undergoing or recovering from treatment for cancer. We deliver risk-stratified, digitally enabled programmes of health optimisation and engagement to get people fit for surgery and cancer treatment and to sustain health improvements in the long term.
Onko programmes are:
- Clinically effective – proven reduction in post-operative complications by up to 50% and improved quality of life
- Accessible – improved access to health optimisation through a digital-first approach
- Sticky – 90% programme retention
To support the scaling of our company we are looking for an exceptional person to join our forward-thinking, multi-professional team as a Physiotherapist with experience (or a keen interest) in delivering remote assessments and programmes of p/rehabilitation.
You will be comfortable using changing technology and will be part of team shaping the future of our digital systems
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who has a wide range of clinical experience, good communication and interpersonal skills, familiar with principles of behaviour change science, highly organised and a passion for delivering excellent patient centered care.
You will work autonomously from home to manage a varied caseload. You will do this with a strong support network and clinical technology resource. You will be using in-house systems, app technology and as part of your induction will receive specialist training and support on our remote programme methodologies and access to an accredited health coaching course.
You must feel comfortable adapting quickly and managing independently. You will have the opportunity to play a key role in shaping the future of the service and create opportunities for your own development as the service grows and develops.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage your own clinical case load of patients remotely presenting with a variety of conditions and health goals.
- Hold consultations and connect with patients remotely online, using our app and workflow technology to hold videocalls and to prescribe exercise treatment plans.
- Use high quality assessment skills to develop evidence-based and highly effective management plans.
- Use our patient workflow system to manage appointments and records, and our digital health tools and app to prescribe patients with p/rehabilitation programmes
- Work with the clinical team to develop our multi-modal resource, including the delivery of group-based classes, interactive webinars and pathway curriculums
- Uphold our high standards of quality and safety across all that you do
- Connect with the wider business and teams based at our partner organisations as and when required
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & REQUIRMENTS
- BSc (hons) Physiotherapy degree of 2:2 or above / on course to graduate at this level soon.
- Full Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) membership.
- Full Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP) membership.
- Evidence of conducting initial assessments, providing diagnosis, and prescribing management plans.
- Track record of working and communicating effectively with patients.
- Evidence of strong English language skills (verbal, reading and writing).
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please explain why you would like to join Onko and what you bring to the role, using examples where possible.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
If you would like to learn a little more about the role please do drop us an email, with your contact details, and we'll give you a call to discuss.