Hours: Full time 37.5 hrs or part time up to 21 hrs available.
Responsible to: Physiotherapy Lead
The West of England MS Therapy Centre, part of the Brightwell group, is an independent charity and one of the leading providers of therapies including physiotherapy, oxygen therapy, talking and complementary therapies, to people with Multiple Sclerosis and other long-term neurological conditions.
We are a member of Multiple Sclerosis National Therapy Centres (MSNTC) and work closely with the NHS, and other healthcare organisations, delivering a quality service to our Service Users, their carers and family.
Our mission is to provide a unique service that will ensure that all Members and their carers/family, receive treatments, care, support and advice at the time they require it to enable them to stay well and achieve their goals. In this way, we encourage and help our Members to remain fit, active and mobile, leading to a full, meaningful and independent life, for as long as possible.
What are the main duties of the role?
The therapist(s) appointed will become valued members of the team. They will be required to:
- Assess, plan and carry out the most suitable neuro-physiotherapy, to meet the needs of the Service User.
- Develop and implement the relevant physiotherapy rehabilitation exercise programme(s) to meet the needs of Service Users.
- Advise, support and train carers and family members to help the Service User maintain their functional independence for as long as possible.
- Build and nurture links between the Service User and their carers/family with the NHS and other healthcare professionals and agencies.
- Guide and supervise junior members of the team; including physiotherapy students, and share knowledge and experience.
- Assist the team in the planning, coordination, delivery and evaluation of the physiotherapy service.
- Represent the Centre by taking an active role in events, shared learning and activities to promote the service to all that need it.
What can we offer you?
Full-time or part-time work options to suit your requirements.
The challenge of making a real difference as part of an enthusiastic team of specialised neuro-physiotherapists, working for a Charity with over 30 years of experience in this field.
The Brightwell is leading the way in the delivery of physiotherapy, exercise and oxygen treatment to people with neurological conditions and we have ambitious plans for expansion.
We will support you in your learning and in your continuous professional development (CPD) to further develop your knowledge and skills in neuro physiotherapy and practice-based clinical education.
Newly qualified physiotherapists are welcome to apply.
Rewards & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- 28-33 days annual leave
- Uniform allowance
- CPD support
To be considered for this post you should:
- Have a relevant qualification, such as a Degree in Physiotherapy
- Registration as a Chartered Physiotherapist with the CSP and the HCPC
- Have a caring disposition with excellent empathy skills.
- Have a real interest in the Centre and the work that takes place here.
- Be self-motivated, organised flexible and reliable.
- Be able to show initiative and work without close supervision.
- Be an active team player, who understands the role of teamwork in providing a quality service
- Have good written and spoken communication skills and good IT skills.
- Have the ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Have a means of reliable transport to the Centre.
How to apply
To apply please download and complete the online application form which is also available on www.thebrightwell.org.uk/work-for-us and send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
If you have any questions please contact: Mr Amrik Singh-Sidhu – Lead Physiotherapist Tel: (01454) 201 686 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post closure dates will be confirmed on the website. Interviews will take place at the earliest convenience.