Based: Marmaduke, Hull, HU3 (Marmaduke Street) and St Andrew’s Court, Hull HU3 (Wheeler Street)
This role is being advertised to work equally across both sites, Marmaduke and St Andrew’s Court.
Our brand new care home, Marmaduke is open to service users from May, and is set to be an amazing care home with a difference! It will arguably be the most fabulous home in the area for 18 adults with complex needs and we are now recruiting!
The unique layout at Marmaduke means that we can care for adults with a vast array of complex mental and physical health needs and associated challenging behaviours.
St Andrew's Court has been open 18 months and boats a skilled and established eam. It provides care for 18 adults living with a range of complex nursing needs, including complex dementia. Exemplar Health Care has transformed the home to meet the specialist requirements of the new residents. Formerly a 34-bed elderly care home, the refurbishment has seen bed numbers reduce to 18 to allow for larger rooms, more communal space and wider corridors.
With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better.
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative Physiotherapist to lead the therapy services in Marmaduke and St Andrew’s. Working alongside an Occupational Therapist and Therapy Assistant in each home. Together you will be developing personal centred care pathways as part of individual rehabilitation for the service users. Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is fundamental in helping our service users to feel respected, included and cared for. Working with our team of specialist nurses and support workers you will be expected to contribute to integrated care planning with the aim of enabling our services users to reach their goals.
- Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
- Carrying out assessments and reviews, (including neuro rehabilitation, gait analysis, respiratory care) ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
- Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
- Monitoring, evaluating and recording patient progress, modifying treatment plans as required
- Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
- Liaising with the nursing team and care staff at the care home.
- Working as part of a team
- Delegation of therapy to assistant therapist, activities co-ordinators and support workers
- Attend MDT meetings
- Be an advocate for therapy for the service user
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation in line with legal requirements
- Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required
- We expect that you will be a qualified physiotherapist with at least 3 years post qualification experience, ideally from within the care sector however this is not always essential.
- HCPC registered.
- Experience in tracheostomy, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous, however, full training is provided via our comprehensive induction.
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holiday)
- CPD accredited leadership training
- Access to the apprenticeship levy for additional qualifications
- Exemplar rewards – childcare vouchers, retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
- Free car parking.
- Paid DBS - Worth £44
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive induction program.
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health.
Exemplars Core Values:
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply for this vacancy'.