- CPD support: In house training courses, CPD evenings, support with external courses
- Annual National MSK Conference
- Annual clinical appraisal and clinical supervision
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- www.ourbupa.co.uk – website for our clinicians that supports learning, promotes CPD and creates an online clinical community
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Florence Nightingale Scholarship
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Work life balance
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discounts on Bupa products
- Free onsite gym and subsidised staff restaurant
- Free health assessment every 2 years
- Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
Part time (1 day a week)
If you love helping and connecting with others, and want to make a positive difference every day, then a physiotherapist role at Bupa is perfect for you.
Patients are our top priority. We have belief in you to create opportunities for yourself, our people and our customers.
What’s a typical day?
You will be providing a comprehensive and progressive therapeutic approach to the assessment and rehabilitation of all musculoskeletal conditions in accordance with Bupa clinical policies and procedures.
Deliver “best practice” care to a wide variety of corporate and personal clients following Bupa clinical governance, MSK care pathways and all necessary professional codes of conduct. Best practice represents the most modern, professional and appropriate approach to the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Ensure you are familiar with the Quality and MSK drives to enable you to adhere to these policies at all times.
- Actively engage in the annual clinical appraisal process, collecting feedback and ensuring all necessary documents are ready for the appraiser to review. Act on any feedback given.
- Work within a multidisciplinary MSK team, cultivating professional relationships and helping to develop and enhance the team approach.
- Liaise with other members of the MSK team to ensure best practice particularly where the diagnosis is in doubt and/or the patient is not responding to MSK therapy treatment in the expected fashion.
- Comply with Quality Audits/ISO requirements.
- Comply with procedures for Clinical Waste/Sharps disposal & Infection Control
- Comply with clinical/critical incidence reporting, ensuring details are logged immediately.
- Attend continued education lectures and seminars and be responsible for maintaining your own high levels of knowledge and continuing professional development as outlined by the HCPC.
- Deliver outstanding professional and customer service standards and proactively contribute ideas to the MSK Therapy Centre Team Leader for continuous improvement
- Promote Bupa positively and proactively to employees, corporate clients and customers, developing effective working relationships with clients and the wider on-site team
- Attend MSK Therapy team meetings, contributing to the agenda and overall discussion.
- Raise the profile of Bupa and specifically Bupa MSK amongst the local musculoskeletal and GP community, networking with GPs, specialists and other relevant contacts in line with Bupa care pathways.
- Work with the Health Content team to promote MSK related content.
- Log outcomes measures and other relevant management information as requested.
- Ensure you fully understand and comply with all clinical and performance policies, procedures and protocols issued by Bupa.
Who we’re looking for?
We’re looking for someone who has 5 years post graduate experience working as a physiotherapist in a private or NHS setting, and is/has:
- Practising member of the HCPC (Physiotherapists and Podiatrists) and regulatory body/ professional association.
- Extensive post-graduate working experience in musculoskeletal medicine
- Post-graduate qualifications preferential e.g. appropriate MSc, MACP
- Significant experience working within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Experience treating private patients
- Experience with sports injuries
- Experience with Occupational Health preferential
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Interest in continuing development – professional & business
- Excellent customer service skills and an understanding of the drivers of service excellence
Bupa celebrates you. Whether that’s through rewards or encouraging you to bring your true self to work. This becomes more than where you’re from. This is you. This is what we have belief in.
We’re a world-leading healthcare group, running care homes, health centres, dental centres and hospitals. At Bupa, we believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier and happier lives, then look no further.
How to apply
Please follow the link to apply