To provide expert advice to the OH team, managers and employees regarding individuals’ fitness to work/return to work and provide workplace ergonomic assessments to prevent/reduce the risk of musculoskeletal injury and promote good musculoskeletal health. To provide a physiotherapy treatment service as appropriate.
This is a part time opportunity for a qualified and experienced Occupational Health Physiotherapist to join our in-house Occupational Health team to provide a comprehensive physiotherapy service to our managers and employees The successful candidate will provide workplace ergonomic assessments to prevent/reduce the risk of musculoskeletal injury and promote good musculoskeletal health and will provide a physiotherapy treatment service as appropriate.
- Lead/develop and evaluate the Occupational Health Physiotherapy Service in conjunction with the Occupational Health Manager, to provide highly specialist advice to other OH team members, management and HR.
- Provide early and easy access to high standard, highly specialist physiotherapy assessment, treatment and advice.
- Facilitate the early and safe return to work of staff on sickness absence through workplace assessment and phased return to work programmes.
- Liaise with external health care providers as appropriate regarding individuals’ fitness to work/return to work.
- Undertake regular workplace assessments and provide specialist reports and advice to management.
- Devise and deliver relevant musculoskeletal and ergonomic training as required.
- Involvement with appropriate working groups, initiatives and health programmes.
- Continuously evaluate and develop the Occupational Health Physiotherapy service.
- Participate in developing and implementing relevant Occupational Health Policies and standards.
- Act as an expert educator in the field of Occupational Health Physiotherapy.
- Identify clinical research, audit and data collection priorities within the specialism to drive clinical development strategy.
- Maintain appropriate employee medical files and ensuring confidentiality.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- State Registered Physiotherapist
- Diploma/Degree in physiotherapy
- Health Professions Council registration
- Masters level qualification in the relevant specialised field.
- Minimum 5 years post qualification experience in Occupational Health.
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation.
- Excellent negotiating, communicating and influencing skills able to challenge and persuade others at all levels.
- Demonstrate a high level of discretion, flexibility and diplomacy.
- Knowledgeable about broader business issues and able to think strategically as to how OH can add value to the Company.
- Demonstrate the ability to build effective working relationships with the BSHE team, management and employees.
- Where appropriate, able to operate autonomously and make decisions with confidence.
- Business focused, results orientated and committed to an ethos of best practice and continuous improvement.
- Possess strong project management skills.
- IT literate.
- Demonstrate a pragmatic, insightful approach to problem solving.
- Able to identify own development needs and recommend required action.
- Current driving licence.
- Membership of the Association of Chartered Physiotherapy in Occupational Health.