Occupational Health Physiotherapist
(12-month contract – maternity leave)
Your Manager: Occupational Health Manager
Be part of something big
We are Pernod Ricard, a leading company in the global wines and spirits industry with over 19,000 employees globally. We own 16 of the world’s top 100 Spirits Brands and hold one of the most prestigious and comprehensive brand portfolios in the industry with 240 premium brands available in over 160 countries, including: Absolut vodka, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute, and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater, Malfy and Monkey 47 gins, Malibu liqueur, Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes as well Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate and Campo Viejo wines.
Here in the UK
In the UK, Pernod Ricard is made up of 4 businesses:
Chivas Brothers, the largest brand company in the Group, responsible for the production and management of our award-winning Scotch whisky portfolio
Pernod Ricard UK, which markets, sells and distributes our products in the UK market
Pernod Ricard Global Travel Retail, the global and EMEA home of the group’s duty free, air travel and cruises business.
The Absolut Group, the brand owner of our global white spirits portfolio, whose Gin brand unit and Business Acceleration team sit in London.
We are an organisation of 2,000 employees in the UK, headquartered in London, in a brand-new office designed with sustainability, ‘conviviality’ and collaboration in mind. We also have offices in Scotland and various distilleries and production sites across the UK from Plymouth to London to Speyside.
Your new team
This position sits in our Chivas Brothers business. At Chivas Brothers, our 1,600-strong team across 27 sites is committed to upholding the heritage of Scotch and ensuring its sustainable future, as well as opening it up to new audiences across the globe.
The scope of Operations stretches from Procurement through conversion (distillation and maturation) and manufacturing (or bottling) to all the downstream Supply Chain activities until the final product is delivered. In addition, Operations play a very active role in Innovation, Talent Development and Operational Risk Management.
The Occupational Health (OH) team sit within our Safety, Health and Environment department and are a team of 7 who support the business by delivering an effective Occupational Health Service. The team provide expert advice to managers and employees regarding individuals’ fitness to work/return to work.
Your unique contribution
You will have four main areas of responsibility:
- OH Physiotherapy Service – to lead, develop and evaluate the service in conjunction with the Occupational Health Manager, to provide highly specialist advice to other OH team members, management, and HR. You will be responsible for providing early and easy access to high standard, highly specialist physiotherapy assessment, treatment, and advice.
- Employee Support – to facilitate the early and safe return to work of staff on sickness absence through workplace assessment and phased return to work programmes, maintaining appropriate employee medical files and ensuring confidentiality. You will also undertake regular workplace assessments and provide specialist reports and advice to management when required.
- Training – to act as an expert educator in the field of Occupational Health Physiotherapy and devise and deliver relevant musculoskeletal and ergonomic training as required.
- Continuous Improvement – you will be involved in appropriate working groups, initiatives and health programmes and will be responsible for the continuous evaluation and development of the Occupational Health Physiotherapy service. You will also be involved in developing and implementing relevant Occupational Health Policies and standards as well as identifying clinical research, audit, and data collection priorities within the specialism to drive clinical development strategy.
Who you’ll be working with
Internally, you will collaborate with business managers, HR, and employees across the organisation.
Externally, you will collaborate with external health care providers as appropriate regarding individuals’ fitness to work/return to work.
Your blend of talent
This position could be right for you if you:
- Are a State Registered Physiotherapist with a Diploma or Degree in physiotherapy and are Health Professions Council registration.
- Have significant post qualification experience in Occupational Health as well as knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation.
- Possess strong project management skills and are computer literate.
- Hold a current driving licence.
Our mix of benefits
For your health, we offer private medical insurance, income protection and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Our lifestyle benefits include 28 days’ annual holiday, your employee pension, share incentive plan, season ticket loans, payroll giving and more!
You can access lots of gifts & discounts, including an allowance each year to spend on our brands in our staff shop and employee discounts from a range of high street retailers.
We have regular events in our very own office bar, employee-run networks, a culture of flexibility and trust and a variety of tools and resources to help you focus on your wellbeing and mental fitness.
Conviviality: the Pernod Ricard Way
We have our own way of doing things. We call it conviviality! It’s our way of being, and something unique you feel and experience when working for Pernod Ricard.
We’re committed to conviviality, and with this, you’ll be Proud to Belong to our Pernod Ricard family. You’ll be Empowered to Perform, supported to succeed, and acknowledged for the value you bring.
We combine all this with our Commitment to Care: we are unlocking the magic of human connection to transform our industry and make a positive impact on the world though our strong focus on sustainability and responsibility.
We’re committed to diversity and inclusion
People are at the heart of everything we do at Pernod Ricard and are the foundation of our collective spirit as ‘Créateurs de Convivialité’.
We promote diversity and inclusion throughout our business and supply chain. In our teams, we proactively foster a diverse work force and an inclusive culture – an environment where we can truly be ourselves.
We will assess your application for this role based on your skills, experiences and achievements, not your gender, age, ethnic or educational background or any other such factors. Please feel free to leave these off your CV and application form if you so wish.
Similarly, if you would like to discuss opportunities for flexible working or require accommodations or support to complete our application process, please let us know.
As ‘Créateurs de convivialité’, we want to turn social interactions into genuine and friendly experiences of sharing and wellbeing.
In our culture, we want to create diverse teams in which our differences contribute to our success. Therefore, all are welcome at Pernod Ricard, regardless of your religious beliefs or personal choices on the consumption of alcohol.
In our business, we work together with industry members, civil society, governments, local authorities and UN bodies to promote responsible drinking.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 06th December 2023
How to apply
Please apply via the online application link.